Mowmacre Hill Primary School
37 hours a week, 39 weeks per year
Grade 8 Point 15-18
Monday to Thursday: 8:30 – 4 with 30 mins lunch break
Friday: 8:30 – 3:30 with 30 mins lunch break
Mowmacre Hill Primary School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspiring and highly motivated Attendance Office who will be committed to improving outcomes for all of our children, along with a passion for providing inspirational learning experiences.
The Attendance Office will support the school in maintaining its high levels of attendance and to work with families to support good attendance in school.
You will be involved in:
· Ensuring information is stored securely.
· Assist with school leadership team when required.
· Complete paperwork for all attendance related issues.
· Write attendance reports.
· Request medical letters when necessary.
· Monitor absences and investigate unexplained absences accordingly.
· Updating attendance and absence on our management system
We are looking for someone who has:
- NVQ3 or equivalent, or equivalent level of experience.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and an appreciation of the implications of the Data Protection Act.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults in a variety of situations.
- Empathy in difficult situations and ability to agree appropriate outcomes.
- Able to operate effectively as a part of a team and with minimum supervision.
Please refer to the documents attached for a full job description and person specification, and to assist you in your application.
In return we will give you opportunity to:
• Be an integral member of the team in a vibrant school.
• Create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children.
• Play a significant part in continuing to develop our school.
• Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Academy Trust.
What We Offer:
for continuous professional development in the role
to visit other organisations for professional learning
committed and motivated Team
role which has the opportunity to make a real difference whilst having fun
incremental pay increases with the pay scale range
defined benefit pension scheme
Assistance Programme - EAP
to work scheme
an integral member of the team in a vibrant school
an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children
a significant part in continuing to develop our school
part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Trust
opportunities for personal and career development
established Central Services Team who support schools and wider colleagues
Why Choose Us:
It is our mission to provide our pupils with a stimulating and engaging curriculum in a safe and secure environment. We believe that emotional wellbeing is essential in developing positive behaviour and academic success. We value and respect all individuals and our ethos gives our community the confidence to achieve their full potential and to be the best that they can be, and in doing so make a positive contribution to society.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
Please note that interviews for this position may be made earlier than the stated closing date if a suitable candidate is identified. Therefore, we encourage interested applicants to submit their applications promptly. Early submission will not only ensure consideration for the position but also increase the likelihood of being invited for an interview. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to receiving your application
We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.