We are seeking to appoint an excellent practitioner to join our office team. As the primary role is dealing with pupil attendance, the successful applicant will also work closely with our safeguarding team and continue the great practice already in place.
Are you a current Attendance Officer or someone with similar experience looking for a new challenge or the next step in your career? If so, we may have the position for you.
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading attendance across the school, which, at times, includes working alongside members of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT). In addition to this specific role, a proportion of the contracted hours will also be spent supporting the administration of the school office.
This is an exciting role and is one which offers many opportunities to develop your interpersonal and team working skills. You will be directly line managed by the School Business Manager and will work alongside her and two other members of admin staff in the same office space. Although we have provided a list of essential and desirable candidate criteria (see accompanying personal specification document), being able to work hard, learn quickly and complement our existing team is of paramount importance.
Dereham Church of England Junior Academy is an inclusive academy and put the children at the heart of all we do.
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Postholders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
This job post has expired.