Annual or full time equivalent salary
- G6 £21,269 to £23,953
- (pro rata salary £18,456 to £20,785)
Behaviour / Internal Exclusion Manager job summaryWe are seeking to appoint a suitably experienced practitioner to join our pastoral team. The successful candidate will supervise students in the Internal Exclusion Room and co-ordinate work from relevant subject areas. They will manage the day to day running of the room under the guidance of the Deputy Head and Senior Leadership team, to ensure that
the needs of the students are being met and a collective approach has been identified to enable a positive way forward.
Primary duties include:
• To provide daily supervision of students in the Internal Exclusion Room.
• To improve the behaviour of students by providing a proactive approach and immediate response to any behavioural issues.
• To effectively lead and ensure the consistent smooth running of the school’s internal exclusion room, exercising highly developed negotiating and interpersonal skills to ensure the appropriate behaviour of potentially demanding students.
• To lead the Internal Exclusion Support Assistant, creating an effective team to support and run the Internal Exclusion Room.
• To provide appropriate pastoral support to all students, parents/carers and staff within the school.
• To develop and implement appropriate behaviour management strategies and interventions.
• To develop, implement and monitor systems relating to behaviour, integration and restorative strategies and share good practice with relevant colleagues, as and when required.
• To lead the implementation of therapeutic interventions for students who are repeatedly isolated due to poor behaviour.
• To liaise with other schools regarding students placed in External I.E rooms, ensuring appropriate work is set and provided and support offered, if required.
Successful candidates will also:
• Show a willingness to be flexible and support the school when needed
• Bring rigour and an eye for detail and experience to our ambitious school
• Be professional and approachable.
In return we can offer:
• A forward thinking and innovative Senior Leadership Team
• An open and transparent workplace that has an honest and respectful culture
• Friendly and enthusiastic children
• Caring, friendly colleagues with a strong team spirit and a positive attitude
• Supportive parents and Academy Councillors
The Westleigh School enjoys a successful partnership with the Shaw Education Trust, which is a growing multi academy trust led by an Executive Leadership Team steeped in school leadership and improvement experience. Working with the Shaw Education Trust also allows colleagues to access a large range of well-established training opportunities and work alongside like-minded professionals across a range of schools.
The Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your employment:
• An excellent Local Government Pension Scheme / Teachers Pension
• Generous holiday entitlement from your first day of employment (28 days holiday rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service + Paid Bank Holidays) – Support Staff Only
• Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute and flourish in your role and in the Trust.
At The Westleigh School, each pupil can feel that they belong to a caring and supportive environment. The school/academy is committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students and expects all staff to share this
commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening including a DBS check.
Please click on the following link to refer to SET Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Further details and application forms are available from the school website www.thewestleighschool.co.uk /
www.shaw-education.org.uk/careers or by contacting the school.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Westleigh School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 862 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
The Westleigh School is a secondary school providing education to pupils aged 11 to 16, as well as providing an adult education centre to members of the local community.
The school motto of “Aspiring and Achieving Together” accurately captures the shared vision which ensures that leaders at all levels are developing their ability to communicate high expectations.
At The Westleigh School, an unrelenting focus is placed on the quality of teaching above all else so that the pupils are able to grow in a continuously developing learning environment.
Similar jobs nearby
St Michael's Church of England High School
St Michael's Road, Crosby, L23 7UL