- Competitive (Term time + 5 days)
Careers Co-ordinator and Advisor job summary
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic careers coordinator to play an integral part in the development of careers at Ashlawn School. The successful candidate will understand the importance of this role in the education system and have a passion to work with young people, enthusing them about the world of work and the opportunities that are available to them as they develop into young adults. The successful candidate will be passionate about the impact good careers advice can have on the students and seek to co-ordinate events to widen their horizons.
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Leader with responsibility for careers and will understand the importance of collaboration and a team approach. They will have a real drive to improve the life chances of our students through the work and advice that they provide. They will demonstrate an ability to motivate and inspire colleagues and students at all levels with responsibility for careers appointments and arranging events to fulfil the Gatsby benchmarks involving employer engagement.
You will ideally have a clear and up to date understanding of the options available to students post 16 and 18 and the qualifications to offer a high standard of careers guidance to Ashlawn students. You will be tasked with keeping ahead of all changes in CAIG in order to deliver both 1:1 and small group sessions. The successful candidate will have good organisational skills to complete the administrative tasks linked to work experience and the communication skills to develop good working relationships with local businesses and education providers.
If you have a proven track record of delivering high quality careers guidance, are highly aspirational and motivated and have the drive to improve careers at Ashlawn School then you should apply for this exciting new role.
The post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safeguarding of all children and young people. The post holder has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all staff, children and young people and to be committed to promoting diversity and inclusion.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Ashlawn School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 1837 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
● A large, outstanding bi-lateral school committed to supporting all members of the school community to succeed
● Ashlawn is an oversubscribed, outstanding school, well respected within the local community
● You’ll be working within a community of passionate, committed colleagues who genuinely support each other
● A staff wellbeing team implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences, including ResearchEd, Rugby, and many other staff benefits
● Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in the successful and expanding Transforming Lives Educational Trust, a growing Multi-academy Trust based within the local community
● To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form