Annual or full time equivalent salary
- £25,878.30 per annum
- £25,878.30 per annum
Careers Guidance Lead job summary
This is an exciting new role for our school team. Each day you will deliver personal guidance and support for the management of careers and employability. You will deliver employer-led career learning activities for young people, as well as personal career guidance interviews and group activities.
The working hours are 37 hours per week from 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday during the school term, with a 4:00pm finish on Fridays. You will also be paid for an additional 3 days per year, which enables you to attend team meetings, training and development that sits outside your normal working hours. Your actual salary is £25,878.30 per annum, and this is paid in 12 equal instalments over the year so even when it is the summer holidays, you continue to receive the same payment that month. If you are interested in working on a part time basis, please get in touch and we are happy to explore this further with you.
Why choose us?
The role is focused on ensuring that young people are excited about their future and all activities are geared towards helping them to make informed choices about education, training and work.
What can we offer you?
• Ethical leadership, professional trust and autonomy
• Free tea and coffee in our staff rooms
• Access to professional qualifications via the apprenticeship levy
• Family friendly policies and opportunities for flexible working, with a trust commitment to continually look to ways to improve the work-life balance for our staff
• Free on-site parking
• Automatic membership of the East Riding Pension Scheme
• Recognition of continuous service if you join us from another school, academy or local government employer
• Cycle to work scheme offering savings of up to 32% on a bike and accessories
• Hot and cold snacks and meals available from our canteens and complimentary lunches on training days
• Corporate membership to the East Riding Leisure gyms, saving over 25% on membership costs and onsite gym at South Hunsley School and Sixth Form College, at only £12.50 per month
• Employee Assistance Scheme available 24/7 via telephone or on-line portal, providing advice on assistance on a wide range of practical issues ranging from legal information and consumer issues to specialist counselling.
• Free Flu vaccinations held on site each year
• Refund of the cost of an Annual NHS Prescription Prepayment Certificate
• Education Workers Scheme from Barratt/David Wilson homes where education workers are entitled to receive a deposit contribution of £750 for every £25,000 spent, up to a maximum contribution of £15,000. So, for example a home costing £200,000 would qualify for a contribution of £6,000
• Access to TeacherPerks.co.uk – discounts from a wide range of organisations.
What are we are looking for?
We are looking for an individual who is a great communicator and is able to quickly build rapport with young people. You will be committed to ensuring every individual child receives the care, support and guidance they need to thrive and be the best they can be. We’re also looking for the following:
• Passion to ensure every child achieves their full potential
• Strong digital skills
• Experience of creating innovative approaches and a range of solutions, using initiative, creativity, pragmatism and vision to play an active role in the delivery and evolution of provision
• Previous experience of working with young people and/or in a school environment
The deadline for completed application forms is Friday 27th May 2022 at 9:00AM. It is anticipated interviews will be held on week commencing 6th June. We look forward to receiving your application and we will contact you once your application has been reviewed.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About South Hunsley School and Sixth Form College
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 2130 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
South Hunsley is a special place to work, study and learn with a strong tradition of excellence, both within and beyond the classroom. We have an established reputation for strong academic performance and are consistently a top performer both locally and nationally.
Here at South Hunsley we passionately believe in the limitless potential of every member of our school community. We want everyone to be happy, confident and successful so we can all achieve more than we think is possible. We can promise support, care, encouragement and respect as well as really enjoyable and rewarding working and learning environment.