- View all Part timejobs
- The working hours are from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm over two or three days a week during the school term. We welcome applications on two or three days a week to suit the successful candidate.
Annual or full time equivalent salary
- Salary £30,169 pro rata per annum
- Salary £15,492 actual salary per annum (based on 3 days a week)
Careers Guidance Lead job summary
We have an exciting new opportunity to join the team at Driffield School & Sixth Form as a Careers Guidance Lead. You will be responsible for ensuring our students are confident, skilled and career-ready through a whole-school approach to careers and employability. You will create and deliver learning activities to help our young people to make informed choices and be excited for the future that lies ahead for them.
The working hours are 7.5 hours per day term time from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm over two or three days a week during the school term. We welcome applications on two or three days a week to suit the successful candidate. Your actual salary is £15,492 per annum, and this is paid in 12 equal instalments over the year so even when it is the summer holidays, you continue to receive the same payment that month.
Why choose us?
Careers is at the centre of everything we do at Driffield School and Sixth Form. Our vibrant and dedicated school team works together to identify and remove any barriers to learning so our students are able to achieve their personal and academic potential. The school was recently described by Ofsted as a ‘friendly and happy place’ (2020). We place people at the heart of what we do: our Ethical Leadership Framework demands that we lead with compassion and care, listening and seeing beyond the job role to the person. We are genuinely committed to our students and our staff, and we do everything we can to ensure every child receives the care and guidance they need to thrive. We are proud of our school and would welcome the opportunity to give you a tour, so please don’t hesitate to contact Sue Lord (HR Manager) on 01377 232362 or by email via firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to visit or find out more.
What can we offer you?
• Free parking and good transport links with easy car or train access from Hull, Beverley, Bridlington and Scarborough and surrounding villages
• Opportunity to become a Mental Health First Aider
• Well-being support including free annual flu vaccinations on site; refund of the cost of an annual NHS prescription prepayment certificate; access to a free employee assistance scheme 24/7 with advice on a wide range of practical issues ranging from legal information and consumer issues to specialist counselling.
• Corporate membership to the East Riding Leisure gyms, saving over 25% on membership costs.
• Financial incentives including a cycle to work scheme offering discounted bike purchase, affordable loans and savings available through the Salary Finance Scheme
• Membership of the East Riding Pension Scheme with benefits including secure earnings linked pension and a lump sum death grant of three times your salary
What are we are looking for?
We are looking for an individual who is a great communicator and able to quickly build rapport with young people. You will be committed to ensuring every individual child receives the personalised careers guidance they need to thrive and be excited about their future plans. We’re also looking for the following:
• Experience of creating and delivering career-based learning activities
• Great team player
• Excellent listening skills, tact and diplomacy
• Strong digital skills
• Able to motivate and inspire students to achieve their full potential.
Driffield School and Sixth Form is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required prior to appointment.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Driffield School and Sixth Form
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 1344 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
Driffield School is based in the heart of the bucolic Yorkshire Wolds and is easily accessible from local towns and cities (with commutes of 20 minutes from Beverley, 30 minutes from Scarborough and 40 minutes from York or Hull). As a school, we are immensely proud of our students and would welcome the opportunity to meet you and show you around our school community.
Arranging a visit to Driffield School and Sixth Form
If you would like an informal discussion about the role, or would like to visit us to see what we have to offer, please contact Sue Lord on 01377 232362 or by email at email@example.com.