Woodnewton- A Learning Community, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN17 2NU
This job expired on 27 June 2022 – see similar jobs
Expected start date
As soon as possible
27 June 2022 at 12:00pm
15 June 2022
About Woodnewton- A Learning Community
- School type
- Academy, ages 2 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 897 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in a new tab)
- Contact email
Purpose of job
• To be responsible for the maintenance and security of the school premises and site, ensuring a safe environment.
• To supervise the work of cleaners ensuring the work is carried out to required standards
• To be responsible for the routine and non-routine (e.g. emergencies) opening and closing of the premises. To report trespass, theft or unauthorised parking of vehicles to appropriate person
• To be responsible for the heating and lighting of the premises including necessary frost precautions. To report system failures to the appropriate person. To ensure the satisfactory maintenance/repair of equipment and that where necessary adequate stocks of fuel are maintained
• Day to day supervision or monitoring of cleaning staff, including checking the quality of work carried out and that staff training to ensure Health and Safety standards are met and maintained
• Undertake regular health and safety checks of buildings, grounds, fixtures and fittings, (including compliance with fire safety regulations) and equipment, in line with other schedules
• Operate and regularly check systems such as heating, cooling, lighting and security (including CCTV and alarms).
• Act as school contact in relation to premises related contractors and oversee onsite maintenance contractors, checking that work is completed to required standards and within required timescales.
• Ensure the operation and maintenance of specialised equipment following training, for example sports/theatrical equipment.
• Undertake minor repairs to site, furniture and fittings (i.e. not requiring a craftsperson) and maintenance of the buildings and site
Schools benefit from a flexible approach to working arrangements – because of this, the tasks and responsibilities listed here are not definitive. Head Teachers may require particular additional duties to be undertaken to suit the specific school’s requirements and these may be incorporated in the role requirements as long as they are at a similar and appropriate level to the other listed duties.
• Ensure that buildings and site are secure, undertaking daily security checks including locking and unlocking of buildings are pre-determined times.
• Monitor the work of and manage cleaning/caretaking staff or monitor the work of contract cleaners
• Facilitate lettings and carry out associated tasks, in line with local agreements
• Handle small amounts of cash for the purchase of materials to carry out repairs
• Indoor and outdoor work; cleaning, minor repairs in toilet areas; deals with spillages, waste collection.
• Requires regular physical effort such as bending and stretching, pulling or pushing equipment with occasions of more intense effort, such as moving or lifting furniture.
• Regularly exposed to conditions that are generally unpleasant, hot, cold, wet, noisy, and dirty or that involve some measurable risk.
• Perform own duties and ensure other cleaning staff operate in line with health and safety and COSHH regulations taking remedial action where hazards are identified and reporting serious hazards to senior staff immediately.
• Supervise/undertake specialised cleaning programmes during school closures or other designated periods.
• If appropriate undertake the maintenance of specialised equipment following training, for example sports/theatrical equipment
• Operate and regularly check systems such as heating, cooling, lighting and security (including CCTV and alarms)
• Arrange regular maintenance and safety checks
• Monitor consumables and stock and/order supplies
• Perform duties in line with health and safety and COSHH regulations and take action where hazards are identified, report serious hazards to line manager immediately
• To adhere to school local and national authority’s guidelines and exercise professional discretion at all times.
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
• Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
• Attend relevant meetings
• To maintain confidentiality
Inspiring Futures Through Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All employees are expected to share this commitment, to follow the Trust’s safeguarding policies and procedures and to behave appropriately towards children at all times, both in work and in their personal lives.
All school based posts are defined as Regulated Activity and therefore this post is subject to an Enhanced with Barred List Criminal Records Bureau check.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Northamptonshire