This job expired on 24 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
24 April 2023 at 11:59pm
24 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Standard Teacher Contract
- MPS (Outer London) + £1,500 Harris Allowance
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
Passionate about inspiring young people? Join us in inspiring the lively little learners at Harris Primary Academy Kenley as a Class Teacher.
Our dedicated team provides a supportive network both on site as well as support across the Federation to ensure all our staff feel encouraged to do their best. You will be part of a community of dedicated, friendly staff standing by and upholding its mission in creating and maintaining a supportive and thriving learning environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree.
- Successful experience of teaching the primary curriculum.
- Good understanding of current theory and best practice in teaching and learning, particularly as it relates to achieving high rates of progress of children of primary age.
- Good subject knowledge of core National Curriculum.
- Good understanding of child development and progression and how this impacts on planning.
- Understanding of effective strategies for managing behaviour within the classroom and in accordance with the school's policy.
- An understanding of equal opportunity issues and how they can be addressed in schools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
What the school offers its staff
At Harris Primary Academy Kenley, we aim to treat everybody with respect. All adults in the academy are responsible for modelling high standards of behaviour in their dealings with children, parents and other members of staff. All children are treated fairly, but we also acknowledge individual needs. We expect all of our children to work to the best of their abilities and to allow others to do the same.
Our Golden Rules underpin our academy ethos:
- Show respect
- Take responsibility
- Always make the right choice
At Harris Primary Academy Kenley, we follow a set of important values. Through assemblies and lessons in class, we promote and teach these values to our pupils which support them develop the skills to become good citizens. The values have a positive impact on our pupil's social and emotional development as well as ensuring they behave well.
Our HPAK Values are:
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level.In addition to the opportunities for career development and progression, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions, a Wellbeing Cash Plan including access to a virtual GP, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for staff who work across the full year, and many other benefits.
Further details about the role
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We welcome applications from practitioners who will:
- Have regard to the curriculum for the school, and with a view to promoting the development of the abilities and aptitudes of the pupils in any class or group assigned:
- Plan and prepare courses and lessons;
- Teach, according to their educational needs, the pupils assigned to you;
- Set and mark work to be carried out by the pupil in the Academy and elsewhere;
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils.
- Disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children;
- Be committed to on-going professional development;
- Contribute to the wider life of the academy;
- Maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager
- Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of a team
Commitment to safeguarding
About Harris Primary Academy Kenley
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 430 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Harris Primary Academy Kenley website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 020 8660 2714
At Harris Primary Academy Kenley, we aim to treat everybody with respect. All adults in the academy are responsible for modelling high standards of behaviour in their dealings with children, parents and other members of staff. All children are treated fairly, but we also acknowledge individual needs. We expect all of our children to work to the best of their abilities and to allow others to do the same. Our Golden rules underpin our academy ethos: Show Respect Take Responsibility Always Make the Right Choice Academy Values At Harris Primary Academy Kenley, we follow a set of important values. Through assemblies and lessons in class, we promote and teach these values to our pupils which support them develop the skills to become good citizens. The values have a positive impact on our pupil’s social and emotional development as well as ensuring they behave well. Our HPAK Values are: Honesty Perseverance Appreciation Kindness
Similar jobs nearby
Goodrich Community Primary School
Dunstans Road, London, SE22 0EP
Wells Primary School
Barclay Oval, Woodford Green, Essex, IG8 0PP
Warren Mead Junior School
Roundwood Way, Banstead, Surrey, SM7 1EJ
Upper Key Stage 2 Teacher (Year 5)
St Martin's Church of England Primary School
Rowan Road, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 7UF
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Surrey