Ferrars Junior School, Luton, Bedfordshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £35,971|
1. Assist in whole school, year group and class lesson planning, ensuring that this meets the needs of all pupils.
2. Co-ordinate a curriculum area, including monitoring and assessment of this area. Monitor, evaluate and review curriculum policy and teaching strategies. Consult with colleagues and feed back to the Leadership Team.
3. Monitor and assess pupil results and progress, ensuring that appropriate records have been kept, and use performance data to inform individual, class and year group targets, lesson planning and the preparation of differentiated work which meets the needs and potential of all pupils.
4. Support the school’s pastoral system, within the year group, class and with individual pupils.
5. Contribute to the school’s performance management process, coaching and mentoring colleagues and PGCE/GTT students as required, monitoring some teaching in the curriculum area and monitoring the input of class support staff.
6. Contribute to the effective deployment of support staff and resources within the class.
7. Play a full part in the life of the school community, supporting the ethos of the school and encouraging staff, pupils and parents to do likewise.
8. Comply with school policies and procedures in areas such as assessment, marking, behaviour management, and communication with parents, EAL, SEN, cover, induction, planning, staff meetings and parental events.
9. Ensure personal professional development, being up-to-date with National and local developments, participating in whole school and individualised INSET and sharing with others.
Essential educational requirements
All candidates must have QTS or working towards QTS through a recognised teaching degree.
Essential skills and experience
You will be a fully qualified teacher or working towards QTS.
We have a good track record of CPD and NQT support.
Free school lunch from our school owned kitchen.More on how to apply
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||346 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||7 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Ferrars Junior School website (opens in a new window)|
About Ferrars Junior School
Lewsey Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 0ES