Join us in inspiring our lively little learners as a Class Teacher.
The successful candidate will have:
- Successful experience of teaching the primary curriculum.
- Good understanding of current theory and best practice in teaching and learning, particularly as it relates to achieving high rates of progress of children of primary age.
- Good subject knowledge of core National Curriculum.
- Good understanding of child development and progression and how this impacts on planning.
- Understanding of effective strategies for managing behaviour within the classroom and in accordance with the school's policy.
- An understanding of equal opportunity issues and how they can be addressed in schools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is a successful academy that was judged outstanding in every category in our May 2017 Ofsted inspection.
We are a 5 form entry primary school, opening with a Reception cohort and are growing by a year group at a time with currently 902 pupils on roll from Nursery to Year 6. This will make our academy, which was funded under the free school programme with backing from Thurrock council, the Department for Education and the Harris Federation which sponsors the free school, the biggest primary free school in the country.
offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, electric car scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
We welcome applications from practitioners who
- Plan and prepare courses and lessons;
- Teach, according to their educational
needs, the pupils assigned to you;
- Set and mark work to be carried out
by the pupil in the Academy and elsewhere;
- Assess, record and report on development,
progress and attainment
- Disseminate high quality teaching
pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and
learning for our children;
- Be committed to on-going professional
- Contribute to the wider life of the
- Maintain a dynamic and inspiring
- Be innovative, highly motivated and
- Have good interpersonal skills
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
This job post has expired.