Ark Blacklands Primary Academy, Hastings, East Sussex
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,982 to £36,870|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
To deliver outstanding teaching and learning in order to help pupils achieve excellent academic results and be a role-model/impact the academy more widely.
To design an engaging and challenging curriculum that inspires children to appreciate the range of subjects and their application.
• To plan, resource and deliver lessons and sequences of lessons to the highest standard that ensure real learning takes place and pupils make superior progress
• To provide a nurturing classroom and academy environment that helps pupils to develop as learners
• To help to maintain discipline across the whole academy
• To contribute to the effective working of the academy.
Outcomes and Activities - Teaching and Learning
• Enrich the curriculum with trips and visits to enhance the learning experience of all pupils
• With direction from the Principal and within the context of the academy’s curriculum and schemes of work, plan and prepare effective teaching modules and lessons
• Teach engaging and effective lessons that motivate, inspire and improve pupil attainment
• Use regular assessments to set targets for pupils, monitor pupil progress and respond accordingly to the results of such monitoring
• Produce or contribute to written assessments, reports and references relating to individual and groups of pupils
• Develop plans and processes for the classroom with measurable results and evaluate those results to make improvements in pupil achievement
• Ensure that all pupils reach their potential
• Maintain regular and productive communication with pupils, parents and carers, to report on progress, sanctions and rewards and all other communications
• Direct and supervise support staff assigned to lessons and when required participate in related recruitment and selection activities
• Implement and adhere to the academy’s behaviour management policy, ensuring the health and well-being of pupils is maintained at all times
• Participate in preparing pupils for external examinations.
• Support the academy’s values and ethos by contributing to the development and implementation of policies practices and procedures
• Help create a strong academy community, characterised by consistent, orderly behaviour and caring, respectful relationships
• Help develop a culture and ethos that is utterly committed to achievement
• To be active in issues of pupil welfare and support
• Support and work in collaboration with colleagues and other professionals in and beyond the school, covering lessons and providing other support as required.
• Undertake, and when required, deliver or be part of the appraisal system and relevant training and professional development
• Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by the line manager or Principal
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified to degree level and above
• Qualified to teach and work in the UK.
Essential skills and experience
• Experience of raising attainment of all pupils
• Experience of teaching in either EYFS, KS1 or KS2
• Experience of reflecting on and improving teaching practice to increase pupil achievement
• Evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning in their year group though schemes of work, assessment and extra-curricular activities etc
• Experience of leading a subject successfully across a school.
• Up to date knowledge of the EYFS or primary curriculum with an understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high aspirations and standards of results and behaviour.
• Effective team member
• High expectations for accountability and consistency
• Vision aligned with Ark’s high aspirations, high expectations of self and others
• Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every pupil
• Motivation to continually improve standards and achieve excellence
• Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all
What we can offer you:
• A strong, highly committed community that adopts a collaborative team approach.
• A large and highly trained team of pastoral and teaching support staff.
• A multitude of opportunities to progress your career through our programme of outstanding CPD. We will support you to become the best you can be.
• You will have access to health packages, discounts at major retailers, travel loans and other benefits, through the Ark Rewards scheme
Ark Employee Benefits:
As a teacher at Ark Blacklands, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts. With 37 schools in the UK, in Hastings, Birmingham, London and Portsmouth each of our schools has its own distinctive character but benefits from the support a large network brings.
Click here to find out more about the benefits of working for Ark Blacklands Primary Academy.
|School size||583 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Ark Blacklands Primary Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Ark Blacklands Primary Academy
Ark Blacklands Primary Academy is a popular and over-subscribed school in the heart of Hastings. It has been graded as ‘Outstanding’ in all areas by Ofsted and has a proven track record of raising standards for its pupils, particularly our most vulnerable. As Hastings has been recognised as an ‘Opportunity Area’, the academy is pivotal in ensuring our children get the best start in life, no matter what their background.
Osborne Close, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 2HU