- Fixed term (1 year to 31/8/2023)
Class Teacher for Lower Key Stage 2 job summary
The Headteacher and Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, innovative and determined teacher to make a real difference in the lives and achievement of our pupils. Thirsk Community Primary School serves the market town of Thirsk. The school was judged by Ofsted in November 2021 as a Good school.
With this in mind, we are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Early Careers teacher (ECT). Applications are invited from teachers with a strong determination to raise standards and who fully understand the importance and difference an excellent teacher can make.
The successful candidate will:
• Be enthusiastic, positive, forward thinking and self-motivated
• Show resilience and determination
• Have high expectations of all children regardless of their personal circumstance
• Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills and be able to inspire those with whom they work
• Be willing to get involved in the life of the school, supporting the informal as well as the formal curriculum
What the role will involve:
Teaching responsibility for a Lower Key Stage 2 class
• Promoting effective learning, leading to great academic outcomes
• Supporting the social and personal development of our children
• Make effective use of our whole school teaching strategies
• Working effectively as part of a team
In return, we can offer:
• Polite pupils who have a positive attitude to learning.
• Welcoming, dedicated colleagues with a commitment to wellbeing
• An innovative and clear approach to teaching and learning
• An opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Applying for the job
Application pack can be obtained from the school website:
Download an application form - 191 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Thirsk Community Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 11
- School size
- 203 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
Thirsk Community Primary School prides itself in providing a happy, safe, secure and supportive learning.
Our aim is to bring learning alive for all the children and to make learning as relevant, exciting and as stimulating as possible. We value the strengths that each child has and develop them, providing support and encouragement along the way.
Our school motto is ’success, everyone, everyday” this is intrinsic to how we work. We are very proud of our school community. If you would like to visit us to see us in action, we would be delighted to show you around.
Our website will give you more information about our school so that you gain a good idea of what our school is like
Arranging a visit to Thirsk Community Primary School
Candidates are encouraged to view the school prior to application.
Dates and times for viewing are:
• Monday 27th June at 4.15pm
• Tuesday 28th June at 4.15pm
• Wednesday 29th June at 4.15pm
Contact the school admin to arrange visit