Class Teacher KS1 or KS2
St Michael's Primary School, Hartfield, East Sussex
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||Teacher Main Scale|
Want a great job, in a great school in an idyllic location?
Our school underwent an OfSTED inspection in March 2018 and we maintained our judgement as a good school. You will have to work hard as we are a small rural school, but only on the things that make a difference. We only recruit people who are passionate about making a difference to children’s lives, people who challenge themselves to keep on improving. This means our working relationships can be relatively relaxed and informal. People love working at St Michael’s; we are warm, welcoming, positive, supportive and always looking forward with the two other schools we collaborate with.
You will be joining a small team that makes the best use of our environment. We are a community school with pupils from the village of Withyham (20 minutes away from Tunbridge Wells) and the wider area; all are welcome including those with a faith and those with none. We work together to foster children who are compassionate,respectful, happy, tolerant, curious and collaborative as well as academically successful.
We are looking for a teacher who:
· Has a proven record of success as a class teacher (or on teaching practice) and expertise in empowering children to make rapid progress.
· Demonstrates optimism about children and expects the highest possible standards.
· Nurtures pupils’ emotional wellbeing.
We offer you:
· Sensible and successful systems, based on research, with a commitment to reduce workload whenever possible.
· Tailored CPD with a focus on well-being for pupils and staff
· A positive, warm and welcoming working environment.
· Experienced, intelligent, lively colleagues.
· A fantastic location.
NQTS are welcome to apply
- Teacher_JD (3).docx  0.03 MB
- Recruitment-Job-Application-Form-Teachers (2).docx  0.09 MB
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||82 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||St Michael's Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About St Michael's Primary School
We are a small Community School with wonderful children, dedicated staff, a strong Governing Body and supportive parents. St Michael’s is set in a beautiful village, offering each child high quality learning opportunities. Our strength is our size, we know each child as an individual, ensuring teaching and learning meets the needs and interests of each pupil.
Our mission statement is 'learning and growing together'. As well as high quality teaching, we offer a broader curriculum related to the local countryside. We grow herbs by the school entrance for use in cookery lessons, We have a well-tended school garden and we sell produce after school on Fridays to the community during the growing season.
Station Road, Hartfield, East Sussex, TN7 4BP