Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (To cover maternity)
Main Pay Scale
We have a job vacancy for a Class Teacher. Are you a passionate teaching professional who is interested in developing further within a primary school setting? Are you looking for the next challenge in your career with opportunity for growth and development? Do you want to be part of a team with high aspirations who want to make a difference? Do you want to work with inquisitive children and collaborative staff? Do you value being at the heart of a vibrant city? Does this sound like your perfect job?
Then Landau Forte Academy Moorhead is the place for you – check us out:
• Hours: 40.75
• Weeks: 52
• Contract: Temporary to cover Maternity Leave
• Start date: 1st September 2021
• Salary: Main Pay Scale
• Closing Date: 3 May 2021
The successful candidate will be someone who:
• is passionate about education and likes to influence learning through creative solutions;
• is a team player who works with others in the best interests of the children;
• is a consistently good classroom practitioner who has the highest expectation for our children (we welcome applications from experienced teachers – sorry no NQT’s);
• is highly motivated & passionate about education and making a difference to the futures of our children;
• is focussed on the children and keeping them safe;
• has a commitment to raising standards throughout the school;
• is forward thinking and innovative, while able to support and motivate others.
• take responsibility for a class of pupils, and ensure that planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs;
• is child focussed and solution driven to support the school community;
• maintain the positive ethos and core values of the Academy, both inside and outside the classroom;
• contribute to constructive team-building amongst teaching and non-teaching staff, parents and governors;
• support whole school initiatives;
• plan appropriately to meet the needs of all pupils, through differentiation of tasks;
• be able to set clear targets, based on prior attainment, for pupils’ learning;
• provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils;
• keep appropriate and efficient records, integrating formative and summative assessment into weekly and termly planning;
• report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils;
• maintain good ethos amongst pupils with the help of the Academy’s behaviour policy;
• participate in meetings which relate to the Academy’s management, curriculum, administration or organisation;
• communicate and liaise with specialists from outside agencies;
• keep up to date with agreed policies and guidelines;
• lead, organise and direct support staff within the classroom;
• participate in the performance management system for the appraisal of their own performance, or that of other teachers;
• provide and participate in a wide range of learning opportunities beyond the classroom.
Specific Responsibilities and Key Tasks
Teaching and Managing Pupil Learning
• act as a role model by providing inspirational and creative teaching which secures high standards of learning, behaviour and motivation;
• establish effective measures for progress and achievement;
• implement the curriculum and its assessment; monitor and evaluate practice in order to identify and act on areas for improvement;
• help to create and implement positive strategies to celebrate diversity and to promote inclusion for all pupils.
• play a significant role in making explicit to staff, pupils, parents and the wider community the school’s high expectations in all areas and for all pupils
• monitor pupil performance within your year group, in partnership with other staff.
Managing Own Performance and Development
• use of technology for teaching/learning and management;
• prioritise and manage own time effectively;
• manage workloads to meet deadlines;
• keep up to date with current educational development and ensure that Moorhead is at the forefront of current practice.
Relations with Parents and the Wider Community
• ensure that parents and pupils are well-informed about all relevant matters.
• A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment.
• The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students.
• Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust.
• A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours.
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) or Teacher Pension Scheme (TPS).
• Healthcare Cash Plan, from Westfield Health
Applying for the job
https://lfct.org.uk/vacancy/class-teacher/More on how to apply