Our experienced Head teacher and her supportive senior
leadership team are looking for class teacher to join their team for a fixed
term contract until August 2024. This role is full time and will be working in
lower key stage 2. This role is for a teacher on a M1 -2 teacher payscale only.
Key responsibilities include:
- To be the class teacher of the
allocated class, displaying a high level of professional ability.
- To be responsible for the
education and welfare of this group of children in accordance with the Terms
and Conditions of Employment, having due regard to the requirements of the
National Curriculum and Academy policies.
- To be responsible for planning,
assessing and evaluating the work of each child and keeping appropriate
- To ensure that a high standard
of physical and emotional care for all children is maintained.
At The Pioneer
Academy, we take the wellbeing and mental health of our staff seriously which
is why we are committed to regular reviews of staff well-being and reducing
staff workload. We have increased our
PPA offer this year to up to 5 hours for full time teachers, and regular
additional release time scheduled for all subject leaders across the
school. We create bespoke career
pathways for every member of staff, identifying and growing talent, with
outstanding professional development opportunities at every stage of your
career. We also have an Employee
Assistance Programme with a range of resources to support wellbeing which is
available to all employees and their immediate family members 24 hours a day, 7
days a week, 365 days a year.
What we offer
- A friendly, dedicated staff team who believe in teamwork and building
positive relationships across the school, the Trust and in the local community.
- High quality development programme with induction programmes for all
- Excellent CPD opportunities, including outstanding ECT development and middle
- Annual conferences with keynote
- Access to professional coaching.
- A supportive and collaborative working
ethos, including support from the Trust’s Central Executive Team and a range of
experts, such as specialists in pupil welfare, SEND and behaviour.
- Termly year group and subject leader
forums to increase collaboration and reduce workload.
- Access to Employee Assistance
Programme including free counselling.
- Access to discounted wrap around childcare for staff.
- Free academy-wide social events throughout the year.
Vetting checks, in line with the requirements of Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023, will be completed following a provisional offer of appointment. Where applicable, if an applicant with a provisional offer of employment has lived and/or worked outside the UK, they will be required to obtain a Certificate of Good Conduct.
The Pioneer Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks. Our school Safeguarding Policy can be downloaded and read on our website.
This job post has expired.