Fixed term (Maternity Cover )
MPS1 - UPS3
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic, inspirational and highly motivated Class Teacher to provide a Maternity Cover. The role will be based in Year 4.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- is a proven, consistently good/outstanding practitioner with recent experience of teaching in a relevant year group
- has a thorough working knowledge and understanding of the curriculum including assessment and monitoring
- has a passion and determination to help all children achieve or exceed their potential
- has high expectations of attainment and behaviour
- is able to lead, support, inspire and motivate colleagues through excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to working as part of a team
- is resilient, flexible and resourceful
- is committed to continuous professional development
In return, we can offer:
- motivated and enthusiastic children with high standards of behaviour who deserve the very best opportunities
- an excellent building with good facilities
- supportive, hard-working colleagues and governors who care passionately about our school and local community
- career development opportunities
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer candidates a tour of the school prior to shortlisting however, all interviewees will be given a full tour of the school on the day of interview.
Candidates are encouraged to have a look at our school website and blogs to get a feel for the school and what we offer, www.gildersomeprimary.org.uk
To apply for the role, please download and complete the Teacher Application Form
This role is a maternity cover and (under the current Covid guidelines for pregnant staff) is likely to start 1st June however, this may be pushed back to September in the unlikely event that the guidance changes.
Applying for the job
Please download and complete the application form. Completed applications should be emailed to the School Business Manager, Janet Spencer.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
420 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Gildersome Primary School
Gildersome Primary School is a two-form entry primary in a village location. The school is a relatively modern build situated and lovely grounds and enjoys all the benefits of being situated in a lovely village with great community spirit.
Arranging a visit to Gildersome Primary School
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer candidates a tour of the school prior to shortlisting. All shortlisted candidates will be offered a tour of the school on the day of interview.
Candidates are encouraged to visit our school website and blogs to get a feel for the school and what we offer: www.gildersomeprimary.org.uk