Class Teacher (NQTs welcome to apply)
Job Start: 1st September 2020, with some contracted days beforehand if possible.
Salary: Main Scale Pay (Outer London) £28,355 to £40,035
Millbrook Park Church of England Primary School opened in September 2014 with two Reception classes and we have been on an exciting journey in our brand new building. We now need a new teacher for Sep 2020 as our school continues to grow.
Headteacher: Nicola Dudley
Please email the school for our application form: firstname.lastname@example.org
Class Teacher Job Description
Main Scale Teacher – Class Teacher
The job description should be read alongside the range of professional standards for Qualified Teachers. The post holder will be expected to undertake duties in line with the professional code of the General Teachers Council for England.
• Pupils: The Pupils in your class
• Staff: Learning Support Assistants in your class
• Curriculum: To deliver the school’s curriculum
• Ethos: To support and drive the aims and values of the school
• To show that all pupils make best progress given their starting points
• To show that all pupils in your class are well-managed and supported
• To show that pupils enjoy the learning they do in your class
• To show that you are helpful and supportive to parents/carers
• Ensuring safety and well being of pupils
• Teaching and managing pupil learning
• Ensure effective teaching of whole classes, groups and individuals so that teaching objectives are met, momentum and challenge are maintained, and best use is made of teaching time
• Use teaching methods which keep pupils engaged, including stimulating pupils’ intellectual curiosity, effective questioning and response, clear presentation and good use of resources
• Set high expectations for pupils' behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well-focused teaching and through positive and productive relationships
• Following and implementing school policies and procedures.
• Play an active role in the general life of the school
• Carry out supervision duties as appropriate
• Take responsibility for coordinating an area of school life eg. Travel plan
• Select and make good use of textbooks, ICT and other learning resources which enable teaching objectives to be met.
Planning and Setting Expectations/Pupil Achievement
• Identify clear teaching objectives, content, lesson structures and sequences appropriate to the subject matter and the pupils being taught.
• Set appropriate and demanding expectations for pupils’ learning.
• Set clear targets for pupils' learning, building on prior attainment.
• Identify pupils who have special educational needs, and know where to get help in order to give positive and targeted support. Implement and keep records.
• Identify gifted and talented pupils and implement strategies to stretch their learning.
Assessment and Evaluation
• Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use this assessment for future teaching.
• Mark and monitor pupils’ class and homework providing constructive oral and written feedback, setting targets for pupils’ progress.
• Understand the demands expected of pupils in relation to the curriculum.
• Inform Senior Leadership Team of pupil progress
Relationship with Parents and the wider community
• Endeavour to build positive relationships with parents.
• Prepare and present informative reports to parents.
• Liaise with agencies responsible for pupils' welfare.
• Establish effective working relationships with all colleagues.
Manage Own Performance and Development
• Take responsibility for their own professional development and to keep up to date with research and developments in pedagogy and in the subjects they teach.
• Set a good example to the pupils they teach in their presentation and their personal conduct.
• Evaluate their own teaching critically and use this to improve their effectiveness.
• Improve your practise by responding appropriately to feedback from lessons observations, training and performance management.
Millbrook Park Church of England Primary School are committed to safeguarding, inclusive practice and equal opportunities for all. All job offers will be subject to a successful enhanced DBS and reference checks.
References will be taken up prior to interview.
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified Teacher Status, NQT’s welcome to apply.
• Qualified Teacher Status, NQT’s welcome to apply.
Essential skills and experience
• Minimum 1 years teaching experience
• Evidence of further professional development.
• Further qualifications
• Experience of modelling good practice for other teachers.
• Experience of teaching in more than one school.
• Good understanding of teaching phonics, ideally Read, Write, Inc.
• Knowledge of any/all of the following: The International Primary Curriculum, White Rose Hub or Target Tracker.
• Experience of working with/ or developing links with parents and other outside agencies.
About Millbrook Park Primary School
2FE Church of England Primary School that opened in September 2014
- School House Lane, London, NW7 1JF
- Millbrook Park Primary School website (opens in a new window)