At Queen Emma’s Primary School, we have a culture of compassion where we have high expectations and show understanding. We have 3 rules; ready, respectful and safe. We are a truly inclusive school and passionately believe that every child has a right to mainstream education. We aim to ensure that all our children have access to a ‘box set’ knowledge curriculum that builds children schemata. We plan sequences of learning that incorporates high challenge, low threat quizzes to provide retrieval practice and the hypercorrection effect for our children, and assessment for learning opportunities for the adults. We replaced our marking policy with feedback- feedback must be a medical, not a Post Mortem. We work on the understanding that the best type of feedback is in the moment and/or in the next lesson – we teach the gaps.
Gold standard CPD
Applying for the job
Apply using the Teaching staff application form which can be found at https://www.millacademy.co.uk/1420/vacancies/careers/277/class-teacher-full-or-part-time-1
A covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 should accompany your application form. Unaccompanied CVs will not be accepted.
At Queen Emma's, it is our expectation that all pupils are provided with high quality learning experiences that lead to consistently high levels of pupil achievement.
We expect every teacher to be a good teacher – no child deserves less!
- We aim to ensure that all pupils make progress using our ‘catch up’ and ‘keep up’ strategies.
- We aim to use feedback to identify and close the gap between what they can currently do and what we would like them to be able to do.
- We aim to make the right decisions, for the right reasons and influenced by evidenced based research.
- We aim to provide an inclusive environment for all of our pupils.
- We recognise and celebrate the achievements of our pupils.
- We aim to establish and maintain an effective partnership with parents and the wider community
- We aim to learn from each other, through the adoption of a collaborative, enquiry based approach to teaching and learning, where good practice is frequently shared.
Arranging a visit to Queen Emma's Primary School
Discussions about the role or school visits can be arranged by contacting our HR Team at 01993848166 or firstname.lastname@example.org