Pickwick Academy Trust is looking to recruit a Class Teacher based at Queen’s Crescent School.
The full-time role will be split between 2 contracts: The successful candidate will provide cover for a Year 2 class on a temporary maternity cover contract, for 3 days per week (0.6 FTE) and will provide PPA (KS2) cover on a fixed-term contract, for 2 days per week (0.4 FTE). The fixed-term contract will end on the 31st August 2020.
Start date: 1st January 2020.
Salary Point M1 – M3, £23720 - £27380 pro rata, per annum, dependent on experience.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher with vision and creativity, who enjoys working within a dynamic and committed staff.
We believe that children only get one chance to experience childhood, and that they have an absolute right to the highest quality of education. We are seeking applicants who are:
• Confident teachers who demonstrate high expectations of both pupil achievement and behaviour for all
• Energetic, warm and caring
• Passionate about learning and demonstrate a desire to research and find out more in order to improve their own practice
• Can work creatively using our outstanding curriculum as a starting point
• Flexible, with a strong commitment to teamwork
• Have great organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Keen to share and develop professionally as an outstanding, skilled teacher who demonstrates a potential for future leadership
Essential educational requirements
B.Ed. PGCE, Teacher’s Certificate
Any relevant Open University Courses
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
A sound knowledge about child development
Be aware of different ways of communicating and understand barriers to communication
Be aware of the national guidance and local procedures and your own role and responsibilities within these for safeguarding
Understand the importance of sharing information, how it can help protect children and the dangers of not doing so
Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of modern primary practice and learning styles
Have the ability to take a role in curriculum development
Have the ability to demonstrate an awareness of recent educational thinking regarding the curriculum
Effectively engage and communicate with children
Build respectful and trusting relationships with children
Communicate with other colleagues and professionals
Recent relevant experience of working with children
Recent relevant employed teaching experience
About Queen's Crescent School
- Windsor Close, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN14 0QT
- Queen's Crescent School website (opens in a new window)