- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Key stage
- Early years
- Working pattern
- Full time
Full time equivalent
- Contract type
- Fixed term (From 1st January 2022 until October half term 2022)
- M1- M6 Teachers Pay and Conditions
Applegarth Primary School, Upwell Road, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL7 8QF
Number on roll: 280
Post: Class Teacher (Reception)
Commencing: 1st January 2022 (projected end date October half term 2022)
Salary: Teachers’ Pay and Conditions (M1 – M6)
Type: Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover)
We are a supportive, safe and aspirational school with a proud heritage and an ambitious vision to build a thriving and inclusive community.
Our vision for Applegarth is that:
• Our learners will be confident and aspirational individuals, who have high expectations of themselves and are courageous risk-takers, ready for the next step in their lives.
• Pupils from all backgrounds, contexts and starting points will achieve exemplary academic progress and excellent personal development, where talents have been quickly identified and effectively nurtured.
• Our school community will be able to celebrate their own unique qualities, and those of others, within the diverse, ever-changing community and world around them.
• High standards will be achieved through a rich, contextually-relevant and exciting curriculum that provides memorable experiences through inspirational teaching, high-quality educational visits and input from external experts.
• We will be proud to say that we have fulfilled the purpose of being the “model school” at the heart of our town and county.
The following values will help us to achieve our vision:
• Our staff are professional, accountable and have expert knowledge through comprehensive high-quality self-learning and professional development.
• We are an outward-looking school which develops strong links with partners in the local community and further afield.
• Our pupils confidently articulate what it means to be a good citizen and proactively contribute to their locality and wider world.
• We enable strong and enduring relationships by placing the wellbeing of every member of our school community at the heart of what we do.
• The Applegarth family is ready, respectful and safe.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Has high expectations and shares our drive for achieving excellence.
- Demonstrates excellence in the core subjects.
- Is motivated, organised, highly-effective and is an inspirational practitioner.
- Has a proven track record of improving educational outcomes.
- Has leadership aspirations.
- Champions our children and is passionate in their support of our visions and values.
We can offer you:
- A school with educational excellence at its core.
- An opportunity to help drive the rapid improvement of our school.
- Subject leadership and potential future key stage and senior leadership opportunities.
- Happy, enthusiastic children who are thriving and have a thirst for learning.
- Varied opportunities to engage in high-quality continuous professional development.
Join us and build a wonderful career in a school you can be proud of.
Applying for the job
Completed applications need to be sent back via email to:
We will also accept applications via post.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 280 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About Applegarth Primary School
Welcome to Applegarth Primary School. Our historic building is in the centre of Northallerton in the heart of North Yorkshire. Applegarth Primary has an intake of 40 pupils per year group (279 currently on role). We have big ambitions for our school as we continue to share and develop excellence for our children and our staff team. We welcomed our Headteacher in September 2019 and our Deputy Headteacher in April 2020. Over the last two years, we have overhauled our curriculum, reading provision, leadership structure, policies and learning environments.Our ongoing development in terms of educational achievement and commitment to raising standards is at the core of what we do. We have a robust induction package to support you as a new teacher at Applegarth. We are committed to the professional development of our staff and can offer tailored CPD to support your career aspirations.
Arranging a visit to Applegarth Primary School
We will be offering the opportunity for candidates to have a tour of the school on the following dates:
• Friday 15th October 4:30pm
• Friday 22nd October 4:30pm
Please contact the school office if you would like to attend in person. For an informal conversation about the role and for further details you are welcome to contact our Headteacher, Mr. Justin Peoples, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01609 773521.