Class Teacher Vacancy
Required from September 2020:
TMS 1 - 6
Salary £24373 - £35971 p.a. pro rata
We are looking to appoint a main scale teacher join our friendly, caring and committed team and to inspire and motivate the children at Rustington Community Primary School to reach their full potential and achieve high standards.
We are looking for prospective candidates with a very good understanding of high quality teaching and learning, together with a firm grasp of how to promote excellent behaviour. In return we can offer a supportive and friendly working environment with the possibility of professional development opportunities both in school and outside.
For a list of essential and/or desirable criteria please see the personal specification and job description available to download alongside this advert.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
The Schoolsworks Academy Trust and Rustington Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to successful DBS, health and qualifications checks and satisfactory references.
Please contact the office if you would like to arrange a visit either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01903 785271
Closing date: 12 noon on 9th March 2020
Interview date: 17th March 2020
Essential educational requirements
Undergraduate degree with PGCE or equivalent
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Recent experience of teaching in either EYFS, KS 1 or KS2
• Knowledge & understanding of safeguarding requirements in schools
• Sound knowledge of the National Curriculum for Key Stages 1 and 2
• Secure subject knowledge of English and Maths suitable for teaching across Primary range
• Have an excellent understanding of what makes high quality teaching and learning.
• Successful experience of managing behaviour of pupils
• Sound understanding of effective use of assessment & feedback in class
• Understanding of how to meet the needs of pupils with a range of prior attainment
• Be a positive role model for children and staff
• Collaborate effectively with staff, parents/ carers and children across our academy trust.
Please refer to the full person specification for this role.
We can offer:-
Wide ranging high quality professional development and career opportunities within our trust;
Well supported induction for both NQT’s and teachers new to the school;
Mentoring from outstanding colleagues and the opportunity to work alongside experienced practitioners.
My Rewards- our benefits and rewards employee portal.
About Rustington Community Primary School
- North Lane, Littlehampton, West Sussex, BN16 3PW
- Rustington Community Primary School website (opens in a new window)