This vacancy is ideal, but not limited, for Class Teachers who has been teaching for 3-6 years and who are looking to develop their leadership skills. Specific subject specialisms in Computing and in Science would be of great interest. You are the right candidate if you:
• Enjoy using creative and innovative approaches to teaching and learning and respond to the individual strengths and needs of the pupils in your care;
• Are committed to delivering exciting learning experiences in stimulating environments both in and out of the classroom;
• Display relentless passion and enthusiasm for striving for the very best, and your talent for effective planning, teaching and assessment enables pupils to make exceptional progress;
• Are excited and motivated by the rewards and challenges of working in a school with high aspirations for both its pupils and staff, and where you are afforded the opportunity to make your MARK!
In return for your hard work and dedication we can offer you:
• Incredibly enthusiastic, well-behaved and motivated pupils;
• Opportunities for collaborative working with a large group of staff, including the added potential to access coaching and mentoring support;
• The support of a leadership team that is dedicated to improving life chances for every pupil;
• Generous and targeted CPD opportunities to develop your leadership skills and the encouragement to further your career;
• An attractive and calm learning environment.
We would be delighted to give you a tour of our school and show you why you would wish to work with us.
For an informal (and confidential) discussion with the Headteacher or to arrange a visit, please contact Personnel at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information and application packs are available on our website: www.whitchurchprimary.harrow.sch.uk – School Information – Vacancies.
Please send your application by letter with the completed application form to Personnel, Whitchurch Primary School & Nursery, Wemborough Road, HA7 2EQ. Telephone 020 8951 5380 or emailed to email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including but not limited to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check, satisfactory references, medical clearances, evidence of essential qualifications relevant to the post and proof of the right to work in the UK and to undertake the job offered in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996. We are an equal opportunities employer.
More on how to apply
Local authority maintained school
823 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Whitchurch Primary School & Nursery
Whitchurch Primary School & Nursery is a four - form entry school, situated close to the borders of Harrow and Barnet. We are on an exciting journey under our leadership, embedding the good practices recognised in our recent inspection (January 2018).
The school has specialist areas for food technology and ICT, a library, welfare room, a multi-purpose hall, resource room, music/drama room and dining halls. The grounds of the school are attractively landscaped with a large pond, an Eco-Garden and large hard play areas. Each classroom opens out onto a patio area. The technology at Whitchurch is designed for the twenty first century. There are administration and curriculum networks running throughout the School and the library has a computerised library management system. We have an extremely well resourced E-Learning Suite, and a technician to support all pupils and resources.
Our vision – learners today, leaders tomorrow – is built upon the high quality relationships that the School’s staff have nurtured over the years with pupils, parents and other key members of the school‘s wider community. In consultation with its stakeholders the School has adopted a number of values that underpin its forward vision.
This vision is underpinned by our work in actively promoting the core British values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those from all faiths and none, and of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
All members of the School’s professional team – from senior leaders to newly qualified teachers and support staff – are encouraged to embody these positive values themselves and, as role models, to transmit them to our pupils at Whitchurch.
We believe that one of the key aims of education is to inculcate positive values – and optimism – within young learners that they carry throughout their lives, and that enable them to fulfil their potential. ‘Values’ are tried and tested ‘principles’ that shape mindsets and guide behaviour.
Our Core Values