Classroom Teacher (SEN/EYFS)
The Dame Ellen Pinsent School, Birmingham, West Midlands
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £35,971|
• To lead, facilitate and encourage learning in the class room to enable all pupils to achieve their highest potential; to share and fulfil the schools responsibility for the well being, care, education and discipline of all pupils.
• To monitor the progress of all pupils within the class room.
• To monitor and control resources to support/develop effective teaching and learning in the class room.
• To collect and maintain samples of annotated and moderated work in a class portfolio.
• The teacher is responsible for the management of the teaching assistants in his/her classes.
• To carry out such other duties that are reasonably assigned by the Head teacher.
Prepare and teach lessons of a high standard to the pupils assigned to him/her:
• Following designated differentiated programmes of study.
• Carrying out the necessary assessments at the times agreed in school policy providing information, comments and advice for records and reports
• Monitoring pupils in accordance with agreed school guidelines and practice
• Maintain discipline in accordance with school policies and practice.
• Demonstrate good practice in ensuring school policies and practice on attendance, uniform, behaviour and homework.
• Contribute to the shared tasks of curriculum development, record keeping, monitoring of progress, evaluation of lessons and the development and maintenance of resources and materials.
• Implement school assessment, marking and annotation policy.
• Work closely with and consult those teachers who are responsible for other curriculum areas, ensuring continuity for pupils.
• Engage in continuing self development in relevant areas.
• Contribute to school development planning, producing subject action plans, and being accountable for their implementation and evaluation.
• Contribute to the wider life of the school.
• Liaise with outside agencies as necessary.
• To maintain an orderly classroom that showcases pupils work and supports learning.
• Contribute positively to meetings and working parties in order that improvements can be made.
Teachers should demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of :
• Principles and practices of effective teaching and learning
• Knowledge and understanding of subject areas and relevant SEN
• Preparation of schemes of work and lessons differentiated for pupils with SEN
• Principle and practices of monitoring, assessment and evaluation
• Application of ICT to learning and teaching in subjects across the curriculum
Essential educational requirements
Early Years Degree or equivalent.
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Teaching across the primary age range.
Teaching experience of pupils with SEN.
|School type||Special School|
|Education phase||Not Applicable|
|School size||148 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||5 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Dame Ellen Pinsent School website (opens in a new window)|
About The Dame Ellen Pinsent School
Ardencote Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B13 0RW