Permanent School Cleaner
Danemill Primary School
Grade 3 Points 3-4
15 hours per week and 43 weeks per year
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, inspiring and highly motivated cleaner to ensure the hygiene, health and safety conduct of pupils and staff in the school, including safeguarding. You will be responsible for cleaning duties across all areas of the school and will work with the team to ensure high standards of cleanliness as well as ensuring health and safety expectations are met.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out cleaning duties as required, including sweeping, dusting, wall washing, toilet cleaning, mopping and use of vacuum cleaners.
- Use electrical and mechanical equipment, floor polishers, etc when necessary and after appropriate training.
- Use approved cleaning materials in accordance with manufacturers printed instructions and COSHH Regulations. (Chemicals should never be mixed with other chemicals).
- To be responsible for the care of all cleaning equipment and materials assigned to you.
- To be responsible upon leaving the premises to ensure windows and doors are closed and locked and the building secure ensuring that security systems are activated as necessary.
The right candidate will have:
- Experience of cleaning activities and work schedules in establishments.
- Good knowledge of cleaning techniques, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to undertake general cleaning duties.
- Awareness of Health and Safety legislation, policy and good working practices relating to the role of the cleaner.
- An empathy with and understanding of children.
- The capability of working on own initiative.
Please refer to the document attached for a full Job Description and Person Specification, and to support with your application.
In return, we can give you the opportunity to:
- Be an integral member of the team in a vibrant and exciting school.
- Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Academy Trust.
- Create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children.
- Play a part in continuing to develop our school.
- Receive training to support your career development.
What We Can Offer You:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Amazing children whose happiness and welfare are at the heart of everything we do.
- CPD development both within school and through DSAT networks and wider external partnership working.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as vouchers and retail discounts.
- Talk to us about flexible working.
Why Choose Us:
At Danemill we believe that a happy child is a child who will enjoy learning in a positive, inclusive and fun environment. Our aim is to ensure that each and every child fulfils their potential and is ready for the next stage in their education. Our key learning values are woven throughout our curriculum, curiosity, communication, reflection, resilience, motivation, creativity, collaboration and bravery.
The future of this school is extremely exciting, and our innovative curriculum encompasses the community in which it serves and will empower our children to be as successful as possible in the wider world.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. DSAT has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
This job post has expired.