- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Part time
15 Hours per week, 3 hours per day 3.00pm - 6.00pm 52 weeks
- Contract type
- Grade 1 £17,842 - £18,198 (pro-rata)
To begin asap
Our school was recognised as ‘Good’ under the new framework in December 2017. Our Early Years team have achieved the re-accreditation of the Chartermark for quality and excellence in the educational provision for our youngest children in October 2017. We moved into a brand new school in January 2020 encompassing 12 classrooms, a Nursery, dance studio, main hall creative zone, library /research area as well as meeting/staff areas. We wish to employ a person to provide a comprehensive cleaning service to the school site under the responsibility of the site manager. Would you like to join us in taking pride in the high standards of presentation at our school? We are looking for a friendly, reliable, diligent cleaner to join our team in undertaking a full range of cleaning duties. This is a permanent position. Experience is desirable
Duties and responsibilities:
• To maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene in the areas/sites allocated.
• To be aware of the conditions associated with the cleaning of your allocated areas related to the school site users.
• Work to the appropriate Health and Safety rules and procedures.
• Use the appropriate equipment, materials, tools and machinery to ensure the job is done effectively.
• Cleaning duties will cleaning, washing, sweeping, scrubbing, sanitising, shampooing, vacuum cleaning, polishing and dusting of designated areas as required by the School.
• Specialist cleaning where requested by the school i.e. carpet shampooing.
• To report any damage/ defects to the appropriate person.
• To liaise with site staff, supervisors and line managers as required.
All the above duties and responsibilities to be carried out in accordance with Sheffield City Council’s Policies, Standing Orders and current legislation with an emphasis on Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Data Protection and Health and Safety.
We can offer:
• A highly supportive and friendly environment.
• A supportive Governing Body and Leadership team.
• A commitment to your personal development.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are made subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 359 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Walkley Primary School
Walkey Primary School is a unique and special place where excellent learning and teaching offers opportunities for pupils and families to ’reach for the sky’. Our school encapsulates this through our own warm and individual identity, combining traditional values with a modern bright vision and a rich curriculum deserving its place in the 21st Century.
Walkley is an energetic and dynamic school, where learning is carried out in a very peaceful, happy, friendly, nurturing and caring manner. At Walkley we are totally committed to the development of your children, to offer them the very best start to their formal education. An education that is rich in learning opportunities and fulfilling relevant experiences, one that influences a lifelong love of learning. We consider our school to be like a second home and aim to instil in children good values and attitudes that will remain with them all their lives – we aim to make these unique and special days memorable, interesting, challenging and fun.
Our motto is Enjoyment, Achievement and Learning for Life. This is a community where we learn the importance of caring about each other, sharing with others, learning to play and communicate, learning to negotiate and compromise. Each person is looked after and is regarded as having the ability to make a strong contribution to the ethos and talents of the whole school. We develop effective thinkers, encourage creativity, promote life skills within a very positive ‘can do’ culture. Individuality and uniqueness are celebrated. Praise is the hallmark of our discipline and we hope that each person will be proud to call this ‘Our School’.
We establish a supportive and encouraging partnership between home and school. Every effort will be made by an extremely able and dedicated staff to help the children settle into school within a happy, positive, friendly and mutually supportive environment, enabling us to provide the very best in primary education and the beginning of life-long learning.