- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Part time
Part-time - approximately 200 hours a year
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £21,403 - £24,055 FTE
- Actual salary
- Hourly rate - £11.12 - £12.50 per hour
Clerk to Governors
Grade D £21,403 - £24,055 FTE
Hourly rate £11.12 – £12.50 per hour
Part-time – approximately 200 hours a year
Start date: ASAP
We are seeking a committed and enthusiastic Clerk to the Governors who is resilient, assertive and shows great initiative. The successful applicant will be extremely organised, accurate and reliable with a keen interest in local and national governance. Responsible for ensuring statutory duties are met, that meetings are well organised and that paperwork is distributed in a timely fashion, this is a varied role that is not for the faint-hearted!
You will attend all board and committee meetings, which will involve working flexibly, and will include both evening and daytime work (on average approximately 7 hours a week, although this fluctuates depending on the dates of meetings).
You will have the option to be based in the school Admin Hub if desired, allowing you time to organise meetings, prepare paperwork and complete associated administration.
Key requirements include:
• Commitment to working to a high standard
• Excellent time management, organising, planning and prioritising skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and to work to tight deadlines
• Good standard of literacy
• The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to translate complex information into easily understood guidance
• A high level of initiative
• Demonstrate flexibility and availability for all meeting dates
Key duties include:
• Preparing agendas and attending Governor Board and Committee meetings
• Minute taking and maintaining accurate records
• Following up on actions raised at meetings
• Maintaining confidentiality and impartiality
Whilst full training will be provided, a basic understanding of governing body procedures and education issues would be advantageous, as would experience of attending formal meetings.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.