Mary Exton Primary School, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG4 0QA
This job expired on 12 October 2021
Expected start date
1 January 2022
12 October 2021 at 12:00pm
28 September 2021
Part time 0.5 FTE
‘Creative partnership working’
An exciting opportunity for a Co-Headteacher has arisen at Mary Exton Primary School in the Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin.
Do you have the energy and drive to lead our staff and children to even greater heights? Are you looking to develop your career in a highly rewarding co-headship?
We are looking for an inspirational, creative and caring leader to work in partnership with our existing Headteacher.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with impressive achievements at a senior level in school who is ready for that next step to headship, to work alongside an experienced Headteacher at our one-form entry primary school. This part-time position is also open to an existing successful Headteacher looking to achieve an improved work-life balance.?
The co-headship post provides an opportunity to lead together on whole school improvement, continuing to improve outcomes for children and empower our teaching staff to further develop themselves. An enthusiastic, dynamic and innovative individual will be able to add significant value to a school already on an upward trajectory.
• be passionate about inspiring young people to develop their learning potential and possess a desire to maintain and progressively build upon the school’s existing caring and nurturing ethos
• have empathy with young people and their educational needs along with a commitment to inclusivity and a passion for raising standards
• have a resilient personality with proven leadership qualities to maintain the motivation and development of the teaching team
• be confident in collaborating and working with the Governing Board to implement a clear strategic vision for the school
• strongly build on the across-the-board improvements implemented by our existing team and evidenced by our school improvement partner visits
• be able to think creatively, identifying new initiatives to improve school performance and status
• have a willingness to be a visible, positive and approachable presence around the school, fostering a collegiate spirit throughout the community and engage with other schools and colleges to promote better education for all in the community
• have the skills, focus and drive necessary to identify and implement continued school improvement and possess energy and creativity to drive innovation at the same time as maintaining existing practices that are working effectively
We can offer:
• a welcoming and positive school with children who are ready and willing to learn
• a dedicated, talented and hard-working staff who are highly motivated to provide our children with stimulating, challenging and memorable learning experiences
• a school community which thrives on close relationships with our families (we received Partnership School of the Year Award in the Families First Awards 2020/21)
• a commitment to your continued professional development
• a strong leadership team
• a supportive group of governors
• a commitment to staff wellbeing
• a gold standard accredited Early Years setting
• a friendly school set in pleasant grounds located in a desirable Hertfordshire market town with close links to London
By inviting applications, we are seeking a candidate who is committed to continuing to strengthen and develop the school on its upward path. You will build on the considerable improvements achieved over the last 4 years and be eager to continue making a significant difference.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Please come and visit the school.? We will be delighted to meet you, to show you around and to answer any questions that you may have. Please make an appointment by contacting Leigh-Anne Beel (Office Manager) on email@example.com.
To apply please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: firstname.lastname@example.org ?
Please note that as part of our move towards mitigating unconscious bias within the recruitment process, applications will be anonymised and personal details will only be viewed after shortlisting has been completed.
Mary Exton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2021).
To help us meet our high standards and aspirations of a fully diverse and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply and to join us.
Arranging a visit to Mary Exton Primary School
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please contact the school office to arrange.