We are seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic teacher of Computer Science, with the ability to teach Creative iMedia, to join us from January 2020 to teach across all Key Stages.
We are looking for someone who is able to enthuse, motivate and inspire children, generating a love for learning. The aptitude to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and to consistently teach inspirational and innovate lessons is essential. Good teamwork, high standards and a capacity for hard work will be at the core of the successfully appointed person.
We are looking to appoint a colleague who will:
• Provide engaging and creative learning experiences for all pupils
• Contribute to teamwork within the department and the whole Academy
• Have high expectations and commitment to the wider life of the Academy.
If you have the drive and vision to work in an Academy which strives to raise aspirations and achievements, as well as set and maintain high standards and expectations we want to hear from you.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
This post is suitable for both NQTs and more experienced qualified teachers.
We can offer you:
• A friendly and supportive environment
• The opportunity to work with motivated students, supportive parents and dedicated staff
• A location close to main line railway services, road networks and M54 and M6 motorways
• The opportunity to be part of the Haberdashers' Adams' Federation Trust (HAFT), with links to Haberdashers’ Adams Grammar School in Newport
• Opportunity to work in a new state of the art school building
• Regular CPD opportunities
• Internal promotional opportunities
• Our own free staff carpark
• Dedicated staff work bases
• Dedicated staffroom including free tea and coffee facilities
• Free flu vaccinations
• Discounted membership at the adjourning leisure complex, with swimming pool and gym
• Staff social clubs
• Opportunities to become involved in Sport, Performing Arts and other recreational activities
• Promoting staff well-being
About Haberdashers Abraham Darby
Haberdashers’ Abraham Darby is a vibrant, 11-18 mixed school which opened as a new Academy in September 2008 as part of the Haberdashers’ Adams’ Federation Trust; a thriving partnership with Haberdashers’ Adams school in Newport. A focus on traditional values and high expectations is resulting in rapidly rising standards and popularity as a school of first choice. We are located within a short distance from the picturesque River Severn and Ironbridge Gorge. We moved into our new state of the art building in July 2012 and both pupils and staff are benefitting from a 21st century ICT rich learning environment and a superb leisure complex.
- Ironbridge Road, Telford, Shropshire, TF7 5HX
- Haberdashers Abraham Darby website (opens in a new window)