The successful candidate must:
- be educated to NVQ level 3 in learning support/early years or have an equivalent qualification / experience
- have a minimum qualification of English and Maths at GCSE level C or above (or equivalent)
- have experience of working with children, ideally in a school setting
- put the needs of our children at the forefront of all you do
- demonstrate patience, calmness and flexibility at all times
- have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well to children, parents and other adults
- have a passion for developing individual learning and encouraging pupils to achieve their best
- be a team player
- have some knowledge of strategies to support behaviour
Hilltop Junior School converted to Academy status in August 2011. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearances and satisfactory references.
How to apply
It is very important that the HEARTS application form is completed in full, particularly section F which refers to references. We must have the full contact details of two referees, including their name, address, telephone number and email address. Please note that we will write to the Headteacher for all education references. Incomplete application forms will not be considered. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we have enough applications to shortlist,
Why choose HEARTS Academy Trust as your new employer?The HEARTS way of working is based on our values of happiness, self-esteem, achievement, respect and responsibility, truth and service, all of which are embedded within each of our schools.We offer an excellent CPD entitlement with purposeful training, including Trust-wide twilights throughout the year, a two-week October half term, supportive colleagues who want to provide the best possible opportunities for their pupils, a highly effective learning environment, a responsive and involved leadership team, a Trust with a highly positive culture that supports all staff; mental health, workload and wellbeing are at the forefront of our vision and values, access to our trust counsellor and network of Mental Health and Wellbeing champions and flexible working including home working.HEARTS Academy Trust offers a comprehensive rewards and benefits package to all colleagues, including but not limited to:· "Every HEARTS Matters" Employee discounts and benefits scheme· Pension schemes (LGPS/TPS)· Professional development opportunities· Access to our trust Counsellor· Additional weeks leave during OctoberWe believe our employees are our most valuable asset, we strive to create a positive and supportive work environment that rewards hard work and dedication. Join our team and enjoy the many benefits that HEARTS Academy Trust has to offer. Please see the HEARTS Extra Programme Recruitment Information pack for full information.
For further information, please visit: http://www.heartsacademytrust.co.uk
This job post has expired.