Queensbury Academy is a consistently
oversubscribed, OFSTED rated ‘good’ comprehensive school situated at the foot
of Dunstable Downs in South Bedfordshire. It is part of the successful Anthem
trust which offers incredible support for every professional that works within
An exciting opportunity has occurred within our
team of Cover Supervisors who cover classes when teachers are unavailable.
Duties involve explaining work, supervision, and registration cover; planning
and marking is not required. When cover supervision is not required, the
post-holder will be required to assist in the general efficient operation of
the school including supporting other support staff roles where necessary.
32.5 hours per week term time only (6.5 hours per day)
Salary scale Level 3d Point 7-11 Full time equivalent salary £23,368- £25,054
Actual salary £18,497
- To supervise pupils in the absence of a teacher, creating and maintaining a purposeful and orderly learning environment for pupils.
- To ensure that the work set by the teacher is carried out in accordance with the Academy’s strategy. To check that pupils have the
appropriate equipment and materials to enable them to complete the tasks set and answering pupils’ questions about process and
- To support expectations of pupil behaviour in the classroom, securing appropriate standards of discipline and ensuring that the
academy’s behaviour management policy is adhered to.
- To deal with any emergencies or problems which occur, in line with the academy’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure that completed work is collected at the end of the lesson and returned to the teacher.
- To report to the teacher after the lesson, in accordance with the academy’s agreed referral procedures on any issues arising,
including the behaviour of pupils.
- To provide class support for students when not needed to cover lessons.
- To assist in the general efficient operation of the academy, including providing cover for other support staff where necessary and as
directed by the Principal. Such tasks may include: additional in-class support, assisting with display work, preparing resources,
photocopying etc, carrying out other administrative tasks as needed, assisting in the 6th form independent studies area when
required, invigilating examinations.
- To attend staff meetings, participate in performance management arrangements and undertake training and development as
- To teach students according to their educational needs, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the student
in academy and elsewhere.
- To assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and to keep such records as
- To provide, or contribute to, oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and groups of
- To ensure that ICT, Literacy, Numeracy, and academy subject specialism(s) are reflected in the teaching/learning experience of
To undertake a designated programme of teaching.
To ensure a high-quality learning experience for students which meets internal and external quality standards.
To prepare and update subject materials.
To use a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands of the syllabus.
- To maintain discipline in accordance with the academy’s procedures and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality,
behaviour, standards of work and homework.
- To undertake assessment of students as requested by external examination bodies, departmental and academy procedures.
To mark, grade and give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback as required.
To ensure a safe working environment.
What We Offer:
- Climate for teaching and learning which is calm and engaging.
- CPD and collaborative practice that is full of innovation.
- Focus on staff wellbeing that ensures you enjoy your job and being part of a team.
- Amazing students that will make you proud to be part of the Queensbury family.
- We offer excellent CPD and leadership opportunities.
The school reserve the right to appoint before the application deadline.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
This job post has expired.