Coal Clough Academy are seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor to join the school as soon as possible for a fixed term of 12 months, with a potential to extending. This position is term time only and full time. The pro rata salary is £26,189 to £29,854 per annum.
What does this job do?
- Ensure the school is adequately resourced so as to provide effective cover supervision/arrangements for lessons.
- Support the SENCO with the day to day management of the LSAs/TA.
- To work under the direction of the class teacher or head of department, to implement planning and assessment, working with individual or small groups of pupils in order to achieve high levels of accelerated pupil progress.
- To support pupils to overcome barriers to learning, promoting the inclusion of all pupils by developing their
- Communication skills, supporting them to manage their behaviour, developing independence and social skills and to take responsibility for monitoring/reporting on the impact of class-based interventions.
- To provide supervision and guidance and learning opportunities in all non-lesson-based activities.
What are the job requirements?
- Use Arbor to plan and put in place effective cover arrangements for the school when dealing with short and long term absence.
- Complementing the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision.
- Planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for individuals/groups, or for whole classes.
- Monitor pupils and assess, record and report on pupils’ achievement, progress and development.
- Support the development of pupils’ literacy skills in all lessons.
About Coal Clough Academy:
Coal Clough Academy is an 11 - 16 Alternative Provision for young people, many of whom have found it difficult to be successful in a mainstream school.
We are making exciting and positive changes to our school and are very proud of the provision we offer. At Key Stage 3, the focus is on supporting young people to return to a mainstream school. At Key Stage 4, we focus on providing the opportunity for students to gain 5 GCSEs to ensure a successful transition to college, training or employment.
Pupils are taught in small groups, where they study the core curriculum and can receive the extra support they require. Students are then able to make good progress as staff can ensure that learning is tailored to individual student needs. In addition to the core curriculum, we provide rich and varied curriculum opportunities ranging from vocational courses, academic programmes and programmes that support pupils' personal and social development. You can view our full curriculum at other parts of this website.
Many of the young people who attend Coal Clough Academy arrive here at a difficult period in their lives. We aim to ensure that we give them the necessary support to improve their confidence, self-esteem and enable them to become successful learners in school and prepared for their future working lives.
About the Education Partnership Trust (EPT):
EPT was established in 2012 as a multi-academy trust and is an approved academy sponsor. Our vision is to create outstanding schools which transform learning, lives and communities. We benefit from our diverse and unique range of schools which include secondary mainstream, alternative provision and special and have a proven track record of sustained improvement. Our schools are united by a drive to improve opportunities and outcomes for children and young people within a collaborative learning culture.
Our staff are our most valued asset so we continually invest in our colleagues and we believe that all teaching and support staff posts within our schools are key in terms of supporting pupil achievement and improving their life chances. As such we are keen to recruit dedicated and ambitious professionals who will add value to our schools and trust by helping our young people to succeed.
“If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, we want you to work for Education Partnership Trust.”
Our extensive range of rewards and benefits include:
- Healthcare cash back plan provided free by the trust includes optical, dental, physio, diagnostics, health assessment, NHS prescription charges, hospital cover, discounted gym memberships plus lots more.
- 6 sessions of free counselling including CBT, wellbeing and bereavement.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Access to government pension schemes.
- Free parking.
- Green Car Scheme (Salary Sacrifice).
- Training, mentoring and progression opportunities including our Emerging Leaders programmes.
- Trust wide intranet to share knowledge and resources.
Incomplete application forms will not be shortlisted, if you need to discuss a reason for being unable to complete a section, please contact the recruitment team HR@ept-uk.com
We warmly welcome an informal visit or a conversation prior to application. Please contact the School Business Manager – email@example.com
Please be advised, as part of due diligence checks, online searches will be carried out on shortlisted candidates.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.