- The Cover Supervisor is directly responsible to the Assistant Headteacher (Director of Operations), but also has indirect links to the Headteacher, Deputy Headteachers, SLT, Faculty Leaders and teaching staff, working under the general direction of a class teacher when supervising lessons. The post holder may work within particular Faculty Areas on a long-term basis so as to improve the continuity of education during teacher absence, and increased understanding and familiarity with the Curriculum and the students working within that Faculty Area.
- Cover Supervisor support will be deployed on a period by period basis. Once in class, attitude to learning will be supported by the Faculty Leader or class teacher.
Staff Cover Responsibility:
- The role may also have the additional responsibility for arranging staff cover each morning and comes with an additional annual allowance. The hours for this additional role will be 7:15-8:15am each morning before the Cover Supervisor role starts. Ideally you will have experience of using SIMS but training can be given.
- You will access our absence emails and phone messages for staff sickness, check emails and SIMS for upcoming appointments and meetings and arrange lesson cover.
- You will also liaise with agencies to obtain teaching cover if needed.
Sandymoor Ormiston Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. Furthermore, we are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
This job post has expired.