Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Teachers Pay and Conditions plus TLR 2b - £4,785 pa
Are you a talented, engaging and ambitious Chemistry teacher who can lead our Chemistry provision and make a positive difference to the lives and futures of the students in our school and to ignite their curiosity in and across the scientific world ?
If so, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to lead our specialist Chemistry team, to build upon its existing strengths and support a high quality learning experience which supports achievement.
We offer an exciting opportunity to inspire and motivate all students to enjoy and achieve in Chemistry and to build upon its existing popularity. We seek someone with specialist knowledge and a passion for Chemistry who can develop our curriculum and who will promote classroom practice to enable all our students to make exceptional progress. We seek a leader who is passionate about academic excellence, collaboration and delivering high quality teaching for every student.
The successful applicant will:
* Enhance learning and teaching within Chemistry.
* Lead and inspire a love of learning in Chemistry.
* Lead the planning and development of the Chemistry curriculum and contribute to the wider development of the Science department.
* Maximise progress and achievement through rigorous monitoring, intervention and review.
* Develop the potential of our students and our staff.
* Be able to teach Chemistry at GCSE and A Level.
* Have energy, resilience, optimism, a sense of humour and the determination to see things through.
* Make a full contribution to the wider life of the school, our STEM offer and the personal development of our students.
In return we offer:
* Support and development for your leadership skills and for your career progression.
* A fantastic opportunity to lead an enthusiastic and committed Chemistry team and to
develop further the popularity and success of the Chemistry and Science department within our school.
* The opportunity to work within an ambitious and highly supportive Science environment.
* Highly motivated students who are keen to participate and succeed.
* The scope to take a love of Chemistry well beyond the classroom.
We have clear expectations in the School that lead to a well ordered and harmonious environment where pupils can excel.
Please download further details at https://fulford.york.sch.uk/curriculum-leader-chemistry/ and return (along with a covering letter – no more than 2 pages A4) to firstname.lastname@example.orgMore on how to apply