Curriculum Leader for Maths
We are looking for an imaginative and skilled teacher either with aspiration to leadership or who already has experience of leading a department. We are seeking to appoint someone who is committed to our vision and virtues and driven by the desire to improve the life chances of young people. The job description and person specification in this pack describe what the post entails and the type of person we are looking for.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in an experienced and successful Maths department. The team of 11 teachers has been developing our teaching and curriculum approaches in line with evidence based research. This role will give you the chance to ensure we deliver an innovative curriculum that motivates and stretches students to achieve the best possible outcomes.
You will be joining an ambitious and highly supportive organisation which offers:
• An excellent induction programme for teachers joining the school.
• A strong commitment to professional development which will improve your leadership skills, develop your understanding of whole school issues and prepare you for the next stage in your career.
• Motivated, enthusiastic and well behaved learners who respond very well to active and engaging teaching and work well independently.
• A strong team ethos across the department and whole school.
This is an exciting post with the potential for career development as part of an ambitious and innovative school. You will:
• be able to demonstrate/incorporate the school virtues in all aspects of your work.
• be part of the leadership of a significant area of the school and be able to influence whole school developments.
• be able to lead a team that is delivering improving student outcomes.
• need to be an innovative teacher and leader who can inspire all students to enjoy and succeed at Maths.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Please see job application pack.
• A comprehensive induction programme for new staff to the academy.
• On-going investment into your career development through appropriate CPD including leadership development.
• Support and mentoring by a strong Senior Leadership Team and other experienced leaders.
• Access to the Bike 2 Work scheme allowing up to 42% discount on the cost of bikes and equipment.
• Full use of an employee assistance programme supporting wellbeing.
• A fabulous staffroom with complimentary tea and coffee.
• Complimentary breakfast of tea and toast.
• Subsidised membership of Benenden Healthcare (affordable alternative to private health insurance).
• On-site parking.
• Enviable setting and extensive grounds.
About Ratton School
- Park Avenue, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 2XR
- Ratton School website (opens in a new window)