Curriculum Leader: IT and Computing
This job expired on 22 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
22 March 2023 at 9am
8 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Computingjobs, View all ICTjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Monday to Friday
- MPS 1 to UPS 3
What skills and experience we're looking for
§ To ensure that the team of staff in the faculty enables students to achieve at the highest possible level.
§ To proactively plan, support and intervene to ensure the highest standards of teaching and learning and the wellbeing of staff and students.
§ To be responsible for the leadership, management, performance and development of the faculty.
§ To be accountable for the performance of the faculty to the Headteacher and the Governing Body of the school.
What the school offers its staff
- The chance to work in a thriving and developing school that puts the student at the heart of everything it does.
- The chance to work with amazing staff who are passionate about developing the young people in their care.
- A well-developed and personally tailored staff development offer that meets the needs of individual staff members.
- An expanding school with great facilities including a new teaching block with 17 classrooms as well as a new Music and Drama block.
- An opportunity to be involved in the 16 – 19 Welwyn Hatfield Consortium, one of the oldest and well-established of its kind in the UK. This involves close links and collaboration with four local schools and offers our Post 16 students access to over 50 Level 3 qualifications.
- Great resources for staff, including free parking on site, good rail and road links to the school and an attractive edge of town location next to Stanborough Lakes and Gosling Sports Park.
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Stanborough School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1103 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Stanborough School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01707 321755
Awarded a 'Good' rating by Ofsted in January 2023, Stanborough School is an 11-18 co-educational Academy that sits on the southern fringe of Welwyn Garden City with easy access to the A1 and London. Due to parental demand for places at the school, from September 2019 the school expanded to 8 form entry. We pride ourselves in being a fully inclusive school that serves our local community and on being a school that does its best for each individual student so they can achieve their potential during their time at Stanborough. Stanborough is proud of its community involvement. We work closely with the four other local Secondary Schools as part of the Welwyn-Hatfield 16-19 Consortium. We also take a leading role in hosting and developing a number of other key community developments such as the Handside Schools Partnership with a local special school and primary school. The school boasts excellent facilities including our first-rate IT resources, a legacy of our Specialist Computing Status. With a dedicated Art and Technology block, Sports Hall, Sixth Form Centre and the recently constructed MFL and Humanities and Music and Drama teaching blocks the students enjoy some outstanding facilities. Our excellent resources in all curriculum areas also show our commitment to giving students a wide variety of curricular opportunities including technology, the performing arts and computing. Our greatest asset at the school is our staff. We want the best educators for our students and through exceptional retention we have a stable staff with very low turn-over. A number of staff who started at the school as NQTs now find themselves in senior positions at the school. We have a strong support team and many staff have remained with the school for several years.
Arranging a visit to Stanborough School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Harris Academy St John's Wood
Marlborough Hill, London, NW8 0NL
Head of Faculty - Business, Economics and Computer Science
The Langley Academy
Langley Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL3 7EF
Heartlands High School
Station Road, London, N22 7ST
Woolwich Polytechnic School
Hutchins Road, London, SE28 8AT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Hertfordshire