DEPUTY FACULTY LEADER FOR ENGLISH
An exciting opportunity to join Nova Hreod Academy
Role: Deputy Faculty Leader for English
Location: Swindon – close to the Cotswolds and in commuting distance from Bristol, Bath and Oxford
Salary: Highly Competitive
Are you an ambitious leader in English looking to develop your career further? As Deputy Faculty Leader, you will work alongside an experienced Faculty Leader and our supportive, dedicated and growing team of English teachers to impact the life chances of our students.
Nova Hreod Academy is an ambitious school with a track record of continuous improvement. Our school ethos is rooted in our principles of Drive, Integrity, Scholarship and Contribution. As our students develop these attributes during their time with us, they move towards adulthood, better prepared to take on the challenges they will face. We want all our students to flourish academically and personally in an aspirational and supportive environment.
We are proud to have a knowledge rich curriculum, research informed teaching and amazing facilities. Teachers joining our team receive excellent CPD to develop their subject knowledge, their pedagogy and their classroom management. They have access to collaboratively planned schemes of work and lesson resources.
We guarantee structures which enable disruption free learning in every lesson. We have a highly supportive and hands-on SLT who take responsibility for creating a culture which is calm and respectful. We have a dedicated team of non-teaching, pastoral and SEN staff working with SLT and teachers to support pupils.
Our house system, student leadership opportunities, Nova Charter and SuperNova extra-curricular programme ensure our students have an extensive range of opportunities to develop character, demonstrate compassion and contribute to the community.
We are looking for a conscientious, dedicated Deputy Faculty Leader who has excellent subject knowledge, a passion for English literature and language and the ability to enthuse students and staff into continuous improvement.
Our Deputy Faculty Leader needs to be someone who:
- is a dynamic teacher with high expectations and a commitment to improvement
- has a clear vision, energy and commitment to all aspects of school life
- is a well-qualified, excellent English teacher with some experience of curriculum development
- would act as a model of our values of drive, integrity, scholarship and contribution
- would demonstrate excellent organisational and inter-personal skills and the ability to lead in a team
- has a desire and passion to make a real difference to the lives and life-chances of our students
Nova Hreod Academy can offer you:
- enthusiastic, friendly and well-behaved students who deserve the very best teachers
- a superb building with state-of-the-art facilities
- hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic staff
- a rigorous whole-school discipline policy effectively supported by the senior leadership team.
- a fantastic team of English teachers, who have been working together to develop their Mastery Curriculum
- supportive leadership and a committed Governing Body
- a guaranteed CPD offer with real opportunities to develop as a teacher
If you are looking for the next step in your career, and would like to find out more, please email Nick Wells on email@example.com (Headteacher). We will arrange an informal phone call or a visit to talk about the role.
This job post has expired.