Deputy Head Teacher
Barden Primary School is looking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and inspiring leader with high expectations to be our Deputy Headteacher. This is a very exciting time in Barden’s development and we are looking for a talented and hardworking individual who will innovatively lead in developing strategy for the future potential of the school at all levels. We are proud to have recently achieved a ‘good’ judgement in our Ofsted inspection (April 2019). The proposed start date is April 2020 – however, we are aware that some Year 2 and Year 6 teachers may want to support their existing class through the SATS period. This is something that we are open to discussing with the successful candidate.
There is some flexibility regarding the specific responsibilities of the role depending on the experience, skills and strengths of the successful applicant. It is anticipated that this role will entail no more than a 50% teaching commitment. We do not have any preference regarding subject specialism.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified teacher status
Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
Evidence of direct involvement in whole school self- evaluation and school improvement strategies Successful experience of leading one or more curriculum areas
To have successfully led a range of whole school initiatives which have secured positive impact.
Experience of working effectively within staff teams
Experience of line management of staff
To have had experience of and the ability to effectively support other staff with their professional development across the primary range (e.g. peer support, mentoring, delivering training)
Work positively with parents/carers and demonstrate an outward looking leadership approach.
To be an outstanding classroom practitioner who has taught in two key stages EYFS/KS1, KS2
Thorough knowledge of whole school expectations regarding standards of teaching and learning within and across all 3 Key Stages in the primary phase Secure understanding of assessment strategies, data analysis and the use of assessment to accelerate progress.
The successful candidate will:
Have successful experience as an inspirational Senior Leader in a primary school.
• Have a passion for outstanding learning, inspiring pupils and colleagues to be the best they can be.
• Have the skills to innovate, lead and motivate all stakeholders to build further sustainable success.
• Be committed to creating a caring environment that promotes academic, creative and personal achievement, alongside spiritual and moral development.
• Have high expectations of themselves, colleagues and pupils and the energy and determination to make a difference.
In return, Barden Primary School offers:
• Wonderful children who have great work ethic and are proud of their school.
• A hard working and committed staff team that will support and encourage you.
• Dedicated and supportive governors.
• An amazing, modern school environment located on a campus with access to fantastic facilities (such as a swimming pool, climbing wall, multiple sports halls, library, community café, running/athletics track).
About Barden Primary School
- Burnley Campus, Barden Lane, Burnley, Lancashire, BB10 1JD
- LA Maintained School
- Barden Primary School website (opens in a new window)