Deputy Head Teacher
The deputy Head Teacher will:
• Undertake the normal responsibilities of a class teacher
• Be a member of the senior management team
• Assist the Head Teacher in managing and leading the school
• Support and represent the Head Teacher at meetings as and when required
• Undertake the professional duties of the Head Teacher during his absence
• Undertake such duties as are delegated by the Head Teacher
• Play a major role under the overall direction of the Head Teacher in formulating and reviewing the School Development Plan, aims and objectives of the school by:
- Establishing the policies through which they shall be achieved
- Managing staff and resources to that end
- Monitoring progress towards their achievement.
Teaching and learning
1. Carry out teaching duties in accordance with the school’s scheme of work and National Curriculum.
2. Liaise with colleagues to deliver units of work in a collaborative way.
3. Set targets for student attainment levels.
4. Set work for students absent from school
5. Demonstrate good practice in the teaching areas of responsibility.
6. To contribute to the development, organisation and implementation of the school’s curriculum.
7. The promotion of extra-curricular activities in accordance with the educational aims of the school
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified Teacher Status
• A proven record of successful primary leadership
• Member of the Senior Leadership Team for 2+ years
• Involvement in the Strategic Development of the school
• Experience of curriculum design and implementation
• Experience of conducting lesson observations
Essential skills and experience
• At least 3 years of Senior Leadership experience with a responsibility for a key area of school improvement, e.g. Pupil Premium, English, SEN, Assessment or Mathematics.
• Extensive subject knowledge of Mathematics, English and the wider curriculum.
• Successful implementation of strategies aimed at raising standards.
• Monitoring and evaluating classroom practice, which impacted on standards of achievement.
• Experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities, including those with behavioural, social and emotional needs.
About The Priory Primary School
- Dorsett Road, Wednesbury, West Midlands, WS10 0JG
- LA Maintained School
- The Priory Primary School website (opens in a new window)