Academy Trust and Cherry Tree Academy are looking to appoint an exceptional
leader to the post of Deputy Headteacher. This position plays a critical role
in supporting the Headteacher, working alongside a team of committed and
talented staff, to ensure that every pupil is successful in their
Tree Academy is currently on an exciting school improvement journey. Every
member of our team, along with all our stakeholders, is firmly committed to
providing high-quality education for all pupils. Our ambition is to ensure that
every pupil receives an excellent education and goes on to achieve their full
potential whilst developing a sense of belonging to our school community and
family of schools.
seeking to appoint a highly motivated, dedicated and inspirational individual -
someone who will build on current achievements and the existing positive school
culture, whilst offering a compelling and challenging vision for further future
successful candidate will play a vital role in shaping and delivering the next
phase of improvement, as the school continues its journey ‘to good’.
We are looking to
appoint a Deputy Headteacher who will:
- Be an exemplary and inspirational classroom practitioner with a
proven track record of raising standards and developing a culture of
- Be evidence informed in their approach to all aspects of primary
- Be unrelentingly ambitious for the school, its pupils, its staff
and the wider community.
- Have experience of leading change, having implemented and embedded
sustainable curriculum and/or inclusion projects and having assessed their
- Have experience of mentoring and/or coaching colleagues at
different stages in their career.
- Be a strategic thinker with the ability to show resilience.
- Be a champion for inclusion, safeguarding and diversity.
- Be a skilled communicator capable of developing effective
professional relationships and creating partnerships as a system leader.
- Be a positive team player who wholeheartedly promotes the values
and ethos of the school and Waterton Academy Trust.
Waterton Academy Trust is committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Safer recruitment processes are followed which all applicants will be subject to. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful candidate and two satisfactory references. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide details of any unspent convictions and those that would not be filtered, prior to interview.
The Trust is committed in ensuring that all employees and applicants are treated equally and fairly.
This job post has expired.