• To work with and support the Headteacher in determining the overall strategic direction of the school and shall make a significant contribution to the school’s development planning, ensuring that appropriate policies are implemented in accordance with the school’s aims and objectives.
• To deputise for the Headteacher in all aspects of her/his role in the absence of the Headteacher.
Essential educational requirements
• Degree & PGCE or equivalent
Essential skills and experience
A continued commitment to own professional development.
• Teaching experience within the designated age range.
• Experience of child safeguarding issues and successful use of measures that promote and ensure the safeguarding of children.
• An excellent practitioner, experienced across the primary phase, with a clear understanding of what being an outstanding practitioner entails.
• Experience of analysing pupil performance information and data to identify trends to inform teaching and learning outcomes.
• Experience of developing, implementing and evaluating strategies for raising standards and improving outcomes for all children.
• Experience of developing a consistently high quality of teaching and learning through rigorous assessment, monitoring, evaluation and feedback.
• To effectively deploy technology to support teaching and learning, assessment and moderation.
About Hinchley Wood Primary School
- Claygate Lane, Esher, Surrey, KT10 0AQ
- Hinchley Wood Primary School website (opens in a new window)