Location: Rugby Free Primary School, Rugby, Warwickshire
Salary: L9 – L13
Starting: January 2023
We have a very exciting vacancy for a Deputy Headteacher after the promotion of our previous DHT to headship. This is a key role in the leadership of RFPS and we are looking for someone with passion, drive, kindness and a relentless approach to school improvement, ensuring that all pupils receive the best possible education in a secure and safe environment. In addition, we want someone who quickly and effectively builds positive relationships with pupils, parents and other staff members.
Key Requirements for role (please look at job description and person specification for more information)
We are looking for someone who: -
· has the vision and drive to continue to improve standards
· is an excellent classroom practitioner who thrives on improving their own practice.
· has the aspiration to develop their leadership skills, understanding the strategic part of school improvement and priorities
· is passionate that every child achieves their full potential, regardless of their barriers
· is an approachable, warm, inspirational and creative team player who leads by example, shares great practice to further develop staff
· has a passion for improving teacher’s practice through mentoring and coaching and believes all teachers can improve
· has an excellent understanding of inclusive practice and how best to support a wide range of needs
· understands and is enthusiastic about the role research can play in improving teaching and learning in education
· is enthusiastic and willing to work collaboratively with other leaders, schools and agencies and sees the huge benefits of joint working
· is committed to the care, protection and safeguarding of children and young people
· Is organised, enthusiastic, positive, friendly and pro-active!
We can offer you: -
· A forward thinking and innovative Trust with an exciting future ahead of us
· Fantastic professional development and training opportunities including the opportunities to network within and beyond our Trust
· A fantastic, vibrant learning environment
· Excellent staff body who are committed to giving pupils the best educational experiences possible
· Super, enthusiastic and well-behaved children and supportive parents
· 60% non teaching time to carry out your role (this may change to a non-teaching role in the future)
Rugby Free Primary School is a 4-11 school which opened in September 2015 with three Reception classes in a newly refurbished building in Central Park. We welcome children of all abilities and from all backgrounds. We are non-selective, non-denominational and are free for all to attend. We provide a high quality, local school with an exciting and broad curriculum. We are now in our 9th year of operation and we now have a school which is full from Reception to Year 6. This is a key position in the school and you will be working very closely with the headteachers and assistant headteachers to ensure that we provide the very best education to all pupils. The successful candidate will be supported by the Headteacher and Trust who have the highest ambitions for the school, its children and its staff. We will fully support the successful candidate in their professional development and progression of their career.
Additional Information & How to Apply
To arrange an informal discussion with the Headteacher and a tour of the school please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be delighted to arrange this. We would actively encourage a tour or a conversation as we believe our school is unique and this is an important position in the school.
Please apply through My New Term and in the supporting statement section, please answer the following question:
How have you developed your leadership skills in the last 3 years and what has influenced and supported you in doing so?
Application deadline: Monday 16th October 9.00am
Shortlisting: Wednesday 18th October
Interview date: Wednesday 25th October
Rugby Free Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check, a barred list check and Disqualification Declaration. The job role you are applying for is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020) which requires you to disclose all spent convictions and cautions except those which are ‘protected’ under Police Act 1997 – Part V and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975 (2013 and 2020).
RFPS will be undertaking online checks of shortlisted candidates as part of KCSiE 2023 guidance.
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.