Are you a Primary Teacher interested in a leadership position for April or September?
Would you enjoy leading on new ideas and strategies that make a difference to Teaching & Learning?
Would you like to be part of a genuinely lovely team where you are recognised and valued?
If you have answered yes to these questions, The Vale Academy would love to hear from you!
The Vale Academy is on an exciting journey where we are looking to expand and develop. Therefore, we have a brilliant opportunity for an additional Deputy Headteacher to join our dynamic team! Here at The Vale Academy, we are passionate about inspiring young minds and ensuring that in everything we do, we are making a positive impact on our pupils’ lives. We are looking to recruit a Deputy Headteacher that will take a major role in formulating the aims and objectives of the school.
As much as we look for teachers who will invest and care about our pupils, it is equally important we support and invest in our teachers too. At The Vale Academy, we ensure we look after all our staff and that they have the trust, autonomy and support necessary to be happy in their role.
The Deputy Headteacher, under the direction of the Head of School, will take a major role in:
• Formulating the aims and objectives of the school
• Establishing policies for achieving these aims and objectives
• Managing staff and resources to that end
• Monitoring progress towards the achievement of the school’s aims and objectives
Essential educational requirements
Teaching Qualification/QTS - Essential
Professional development in preparation for a leadership role - Desirable
Degree or equivalent - Essential
Essential skills and experience
Experience as a successful middle/senior leader within a primary school
Experience of leading, coaching and motivating staff
Experience of having led, or significantly contributed to, the success of a school through teaching and leadership
Line management experience
• Leadership Pay Scale
• The Vale Academy is a very popular primary academy within the Dunstable area, with increasing numbers of children attending from Nursery – Year 6
• A new state of the art EYFS unit, including a fully-equipped Nursery
• Fantastic results in the past three years in reading, writing and maths at the end of Key Stage 2
• An innovative curriculum that reflects the needs of the children and the community, with a balanced focus on core and foundation subjects
• A dedicated focus on the mental health and wellbeing of our staff and children
• Fantastic facilities and resources, including our school forest, a stage for our Annual Performance and significant space to provide our children with an excellent PE curriculum
• An academy and a Multi-Academy Trust that is committed to supporting its colleagues to continue their professional development through high-quality training and qualifications
• Experienced and innovative leadership with a fully committed governing body
• Colleagues who are absolutely dedicated to providing the best school experience for all of our children
• A lovely close-knit team that feels like a family
About The Vale Academy
- Wilbury Drive, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU5 4QP
- The Vale Academy website (opens in a new window)