- Actual salary: £14,989.19 to £15,289.24
Design Technology Teaching Assistant job summary
Isebrook School is a successful and expanding specialist setting for students aged 11-18 with a broad spectrum of special educational needs and learning disabilities.
Due to continued expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be part of our Carpentry Workshop to support students to make a difference in their learning. We are seeking to recruit a Level 3 Teaching Assistant who is committed to providing high quality support for our amazing students. The role will entail working with a dedicated team to support the learning and teaching across the Design & Technology curriculum, ensuring the development of key practical skills of students with a wide range of learning needs.
* Positive and passionate about working with students with learning disabilities
* A team player who can work as part of the multi-disciplinary team
* A reflective practitioner
* Able to motivate and lead by example
* Someone with practical skills (carpentry knowledge is preferred but training is available for the right candidate with no practical skills background)
If you are, then we can offer:
* A nurturing group of staff, who are committed to achieving high standards for all of our students
* A strong ethos and collaborative working
* A rigorous induction programme
* Opportunities for quality professional development, including training on machine Health and Safety and portable power tools offered at a specialist-training centre with a 5-year accreditation industrial certificate
* A holistic consultative approach to each young person
* Well-being package including advice, support and guidance.
* Recognition for attendance and Perkbox!
For more information, and to request an application pack, please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education
Closing date: Friday 20th May 2022 at Midday
Please also see our recruitment site for more information on working at Isebrook School: https://webmicrosites.hays.co.uk/web/isebrook
Creating Tomorrow Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding children, promoting the welfare of all students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for the successful candidates.
This job post has expired.
About Isebrook School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 237 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
Here at Isebrook we cater for students from 11-18 years old with a range of complex educational needs: most have global learning difficulties and some have acute learning difficulties.
About one-third of the students have autistic spectrum conditions and many of our young people have social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, some of which demonstrate challenging behaviours.
We are proud to offer our students:
* Alternative Curriculum
* D of E Awards
* Residentials for Key Stages
* Internships at Wicksteed Park
* Independent living skills for Post 16
* A brilliant Junior Leadership Team
* A fantastic Sensory Room
* The Studio Shop owned by the MAT - Based in Kettering Town Centre for our 6th form providing essential life skills and Work Experience.
And much more......!
Arranging a visit to Isebrook School
Informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education to arrange this.