Director of Academies
Olive Ap Academy - Havering, Hornchurch, Essex
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£95,000 to £110,000|
Director of Academies
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This post will be part of the Trust’s Strategic Leadership Group (SLG) and will have direct responsibility for the implementation of the Trust’s education strategy across the academies. The post holder will spend their time equally across the Trust’s academies and will be directly responsible to the Chief Executive (Mark Vickers) for the following:
• ensuring the fair, consistent and proportionate application of Trust policies and procedures
• providing direct coaching and mentoring to the academy headteachers
• developing leadership and management capacity within the individual academy senior leadership teams
• driving up standards of student attainment, achievement and behaviour
• leading on curriculum design and development
• resourcing the curriculum and maximising the use of technological developments to deliver it
• strategic oversight and part-delivery of the Trust’s CPD programme
• ensuring that there is consistently good teaching in all academies
• challenging and supporting headteachers to achieve their agreed targets within the overall objectives of the Trust
• maintaining and developing existing outreach provision and supporting similar developments in other settings.
This role is designed to take primary responsibility for all aspects of the day-to-day performance of our academies and to be the Trust’s front-line support to the headteachers and their senior leadership teams. The role will be entirely focused on academies and it is anticipated the post holder will work exclusively across the academy sites.
Essential educational requirements
First degree or equivalent.
DfE recognised qualified teacher status/Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills.
Evidence of participation in recent and Continuing Professional Development relevant to a strategic leadership post.
A relevant post graduate qualification in education management and/ or SEND
Master’s Degree or equivalent qualification
SENDCo experience and qualification
Essential skills and experience
Minimum of 10 years teaching experience.
Minimum of 3 years headship or similar experience.
Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate an outstanding record of successful leadership in secondary phase settings.
|Education phase||Not Applicable|
|School size||24 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Olive Ap Academy - Havering website (opens in a new window)|
About Olive Ap Academy - Havering
Our alternative provision academy in Hornchurch, in the London Borough of Havering, supports young people aged between 11 and 16 who have been permanently excluded from school. The academy also offers an intervention programme specifically for those young people who are at risk of permanent exclusion from their mainstream school. The academy has capacity for up to 64 pupils. The academy building is undergoing a major refurbishment programme and the new facilities will be completed in Spring 2019. We are part of a multi-academy trust with three alternative provision academies and an outreach service in London and the east of England. Our aim is to transform the lives of children and young people for whom traditional teaching methods have not worked. We help our pupils develop the confidence, skills and knowledge to believe that they can be successful in their own lives.
Inskip Drive, Hornchurch, Essex, RM11 3UR