Director of Education
Ely St Mary's CofE Junior School, Ely, Cambridgeshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
The main duties and responsibilities are:
• To develop the curriculum offer to ensure a sequenced, coherent approach is taken across all schools.
• To establish subject communities across the Trust utilising the expertise within our schools.
• To guide curriculum reform and develop curriculum implementation strategies to ensure our schools offer appropriate opportunities for all pupils.
• To oversee the development of the Headteachers and ensure that CPD is an integral part of the Trust ethos for all staff.
• To keep abreast of educational developments.
• To set academic standards and drive educational performance across all schools.
• To lead on academy improvement and ensure that this is continuous and sustained.
• To build close working relationships with the Principals and provide appropriate challenge and support.
• To visit the academies on a regular basis, monitoring and evaluating performance and providing formal half-termly reports to the Executive Team.
• To ensure the effective use of data to monitor and raise standards for all pupils in our care.
• To evaluate the impact of improvement strategies and contribute to ensuring equality of support to all academies resulting in all pupils receiving an outstanding education.
• To work with the Executive Team to guide the education growth and development of the group.
• To deploy and work closely with the Curriculum & School Improvement team to develop the distinctive ethos and philosophy of the team within the Trust.
• To monitor the work of the Curriculum & School Improvement team who work closely with each school to ensure effectiveness and impact.
• To work closely with the Director of Finance & Operations to ensure the efficient allocation of resources to achieve the best educational outcomes.
• To contribute to the strategic leadership and management of the Trust, supported short, medium and long-term targets setting, as well as visioning for the long-term future of the organisation.
The Director of Education will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will be a member of the Executive Team. The role involves managing the Curriculum & School Improvement team, as well as other resources available to support our schools; ensuring they are used equitably and effectively for all pupils.
Essential educational requirements
• A proven record of successful, senior education and curriculum leadership.
• Significant experience of raising standards with measurable outcomes and clear evidence of a positive personal contribution to the development of a successful school, and/or local authority or academy trust.
• Thorough understanding of building curriculum and effective pedagogy.
• Be able to provide evidence success in one or more settings.
Essential skills and experience
• A detailed understanding of curriculum development and the ability to apply it in challenging circumstances.
• A detailed knowledge of assessment and the use of date to monitor and raise standards.
• Practical and successful experience of performance evaluation and management.
• Understanding of the relationship between financial and human resources and educational outcomes.
• Extensive knowledge of developments in curriculum, pedagogy and technologies and an ability to discern what is of practical value.
• A thorough knowledge to commitment of the ethos of the Trust with the capacity to make productive contributions to the national education debate.
• First-class ambassadorial skills with an ability to present the Trust in an authoritative and persuasive manner.
|School type||Academy, Church of England|
|School size||417 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||7 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Ely St Mary's CofE Junior School website (opens in a new window)|
High Barns, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 4RB