|Subjects||English, English, Media studies|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373,.00 to £40,490,.00|
We are seeking an exceptional teacher to lead our highly successful English and Media Faculty and to teach English at all Key Stages.
The ability to teach Drama at Key Stage 3 and/or Media at key stages 4 and 5 would be an advantage.
The Communications Faculty consists of a team of experienced, enthusiastic and committed teachers who gain excellent results. English is taught at all key stages and Media Studies at key stage 4 and 5.
English Literature and English Language are taught as two separate options at key stage 5.
The faculty contributes significantly to the extra-curricular life of the school in terms of running numerous trips, societies, essay writing and creative writing competitions, public speaking competitions and the BBC News Report initiative. It delivers several curriculum days and contributes towards our SHSG launchpad outreach programme and 11+ familiarisation.
The successful candidate should:
• Be an inspirational classroom practitioner with an infectious enthusiasm for their subject. As a reflective practitioner they will be continually looking to develop their practice through collaboration, experimentation and hard work.
• Continually strive to improve the practice and procedures within the faculty and to contribute fully to the strategic direction of the school through participation within the SLG
• Be a motivational leader who can galvanise the team to deliver the very best experiences to our students.
• Be passionate and tenacious in enhancing the quality of education within the faculty.
• Secure the highest standards of pupil achievement across the faculty by implementing appropriate monitoring, tracking and intervention measures and supporting the team in carrying them out.
We can offer you:
• Very able, highly motivated, curious and industrious students
• A strong, highly qualified staff team
• A commitment to ongoing professional development
• An environment which promotes innovation
Southend High School for Girls is a highly successful and oversubscribed girl’s grammar school rated
‘outstanding’ by Ofsted
This is an exciting time to join the school as it moves forward under the leadership of its new Headteacher, Mr Jason Carey
Essential educational requirements
Degree and A Levels in English
Degree & PGCE
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching English at all Key Stages.
TLR 1bMore on how to apply
|School size||1178 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Southend High School for Girls website (opens in a new window)|
About Southend High School for Girls
Southchurch Boulevard, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS2 4UZ