Director of Physical Education Faculty
We are seeking an inspirational and enthusiastic teacher to lead this successful faculty through its next stage of development. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with the enthusiasm, vision and leadership skills to take the next step into a significant leadership post.
The ability to teach GCSE and A level PE would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have the ability to inspire, motivate and challenge students of all abilities in Physical Education, as well as continuing our record of competing at the highest level in a range of national sporting competitions.
The successful candidate should:
• Have a clear vision for both the development of sporting excellence in the school and the participation by pupils of all abilities in sporting activities for enjoyment, health and lifelong engagement.
• Be an inspirational and reflective practitioner with an infectious enthusiasm for Physical Education. As a reflective practitioner they will be continually looking to develop their practice through collaboration, experimentation and hard work.
• Continually strive to improve the practice and procedures within the faculty and to contribute fully to the strategic direction of the school through participation within the SLG.
• Be passionate and tenacious in enhancing the quality of education within the faculty.
• Secure the highest standards of pupil achievement across the faculty by implementing appropriate monitoring, tracking and intervention measures and supporting the team in carrying them out.
• Have a willingness to fully contribute to the extra-curricular commitments of the school, including – but not limited to – training and fixtures outside of normal working hours.
We can offer you:
• Very able, passionate, highly motivated and industrious students
• A long history of sporting excellence and commitment to supporting a busy Physical Education department
• A strong, highly qualified team
• A commitment to ongoing professional development
• An environment which promotes innovation
Southend High School for Girls is a highly successful and oversubscribed girl’s grammar school rated
‘outstanding’ by Ofsted
This is an exciting time to join the school as it moves forward under the leadership of its new Headteacher, Mr Jason Carey
Essential educational requirements
Degree & A Level in Physical Education
PGCE & Degree
Essential skills and experience
The ability to teach GCSE and A level PE
About Southend High School for Girls
Southend High School for Girls is a highly successful and oversubscribed girl’s grammar school rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted.
- Southchurch Boulevard, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS2 4UZ
- Southend High School for Girls website (opens in a new window)