Director of Primary Education: Deputy Chief Executive
27 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
16 April 2023 at 11:59pm
3 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1
- View all Full timejobs - Full time role
- Leadership Scale Points 24 – 30 (£78,010 - £90,365)
What skills and experience we're looking for
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
- Extensive experience of leadership in First or Primary Schools at Headteacher level.
- Ability to support and challenge schools to improve outcomes and deliver on challenging targets.
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to positively influence all levels of the organisation.
- Be visionary in how Primary schools can achieve huge benefits from the collaboration of a Trust.
- A track record of raising standards and expertise in school improvement with a passion for all learners achieving the best possible outcomes.
- Be creative in school organisation and structural change.
- Understand how effective deployment of resource can drive school improvement.
- Ability to motivate others to generate a shared culture and positive atmosphere across the Trust.
- Ability to ensure that all stakeholders are clear on what excellent teaching and learning looks like.
- Experience of preparing for Ofsted inspections.
- Enthusiasm to promote a culture of ambition, challenge, and support so that all learners can achieve success and engage positively with their own learning.
What the school offers its staff
What we can offer:
- Extended Leadership opportunities, coaching and continued professional development.
- Wider networking across the South West and with the Regional (DfE) Director.
- Staff benefits including reduced leisure centre membership and cycle to work scheme.
- A staff assistance programme with the specialist provider, Carefirst who provide a 24/7 free phone helpline, or face-to-face counselling for every employee in the Wessex family.
- Exciting opportunities as part of a growing multi-academy Trust.
Further details about the role
Closing date: 8 am Monday 20 March 2023
Interview date: Monday 27 & Tuesday 28 March 2023
To apply for this position, please complete a teaching staff application form, (available on our website), together with a letter of application (no more than two A4 sides) for the attention of Mr Gavin Ball (Chief Executive) detailing your experience and impact to date, what your vision would be for the post, and how your experience will enable you to deliver this. Completed applications should be returned by email to HR@wessexlearningtrust.co.uk. If you wish to visit the Central Office or discuss the role informally prior to making an application, please contact the HR team on the above email address.
The Wessex Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding young people and promoting the welfare of children, and all staff appointed will undergo online checks and be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Wessex Learning Trust
- Multi-academy trust
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01934 745363
The Wessex Learning Trust is a leading multi-academy trust in the South West of England, offering a world class, twenty-first century education for all young people aged between two and nine-teen. We are passionate about providing the very best education for all the children in our care. Our ambition is that every student is helped to achieve their full potential so that they can make a positive contribution to our society and realise their lifetime ambitions. Each individual Academy in the Wessex Learning Trust is encouraged to maintain its own distinctive ethos, be at the centre of their community and raise aspirations and achievement. This is achieved in two ways: firstly, through excellent teaching to inspire curiosity, unlock talents and realise potential; and secondly, by ensuring high quality care, guidance and support that ensures the personal development and welfare of each child. By working together, we believe we can harness the talents of all our staff, share good practice between all our Academies and share resources that enable us to concentrate on delivering excellence in education.
Arranging a visit to Wessex Learning Trust
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Head office location
Similar jobs nearby
Golden Valley Primary School
Nailsea Park, Bristol, Somerset, BS48 1BB
Mark First and Pre-School CE Academy
The Causeway, Highbridge, Somerset, TA9 4QA
Bathampton Primary School
Tyning Road, Bath, Somerset, BA2 6TQ
Director of School Improvement
Lighthouse Schools Partnership
Portishead, Bristol, BS20 7QR
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed