- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Contract type
- £26,000 - £30,000 per annum (FTE)
JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
Post Title: Drama Teacher (0.8 FTE)
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 per annum (FTE)
Full/part time: Part time (0.8 FTE)
Start Date: 1 September 2021
Reporting to: Curriculum Manager for Drama, Fashion, Art & Design and Theatrical Media and Makeup
Purpose of the role: To teach Creative Practices UAL programs within the drama area, delivery of learning programmes, assistance to students and tutorial support.
Teaching: The post includes 20 hours of teaching across Drama per week
Annual leave: 35 days per annum pro rata
• Prepare, teach and assess BTEC/UAL Level 3/Level 2
• Provide pastoral support to students
• To develop and deliver drama course (informal and structured) for students studying drama in the Academy, with a focus on producing end of year shows and bringing in industry contacts.
• To run the drama studio and plan industry events and end of year shows
• To provide workshops, masterclasses and student support
• Plan course delivery in line with study programme requirements
• Arranges, monitors and supervises learners on study programmes, educational visits and field trips.
• Plans and prepares for inspections, SV reports and visits.
• Assesses students, including formative and summative assessments, internal verification and supervision of assessments.
• Maintains and provides records and statistical checks in relation to own teaching and across courses, including enrolment checks, attendance records and the like.
• As part of the course team, the tutor acts as the main point of reference for students in a particular year or course group. The tutor’s role includes:
(a) participation in inducting students
(b) providing educational and welfare guidance
(c) assisting students in preparing individual action plans
(d) following up student absence and tracking their course work
(e) acting as the focal point in the maintenance of student discipline within the context of the Academy student disciplinary procedure
(f) undertaking exit interviews with students
(g) preparing administrative returns and reports as may be needed in relation to students, including destination records
(h) writing student references
(i) completing UCAS and other forms with students
• Participates in activities to publicise courses.
• Assists in planning and developing courses and course materials.
• Participates as a member of one or more course teams in employer liaison (as appropriate), maintaining standards and targets, reviewing and evaluating course provision and joint action planning.
• Provides advice and guidance to prospective students together with interviewing and APL work.
• Participates in student enrolment and induction.
• To plan, manage and ensure the effective deployment of the resource requirements for the services that are the responsibility of the role.
• Promotes and implement all Academy policies, particularly those which refer to health and safety, equality of opportunity, maintaining standards of student behaviour and safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults.
Participates in Academy programmes of staff appraisal and continuing professional development.
• Develop effective working relationships internally and with external partners.
• To operate at all times in line with the Academy’s values.
Qualifications/Competencies: Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
Relevant Experience: Evidence of the ability to deliver consistently good or better teaching, learning and assessment.
Relevant and current industrial experience in producing drama productions
Experience of planning and delivering events
Knowledge: A well-developed understanding of the particular needs of the 16-19 age group both in full-time education and employment and of the professional challenges by inner city students many of whom come from deprived backgrounds
Motivation to work with children/young people/vulnerable adults
Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours
Attitudes to use of authority and maintaining discipline
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.