Drama Teacher (Maternity Cover)
24 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
30 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
19 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Dramajobs
- View all Full timejobs - 36hrs
- Maternity or parental leave cover - 1 year
Full-time equivalent salary
- £32,407 - £48,054.30 per year
- M1 - UPS 3
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Right to work in the UK.
- Qualified to at least degree level.
- Qualified to teach and work in the UK.
- Ability to teach subject to A Level standard.
- Evidence of being, or having the potential to be, an outstanding teacher of the subject. Up to date knowledge in the curriculum area.
- An understanding of what an outstanding education looks like in the classroom.
- An understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high expectations.
- Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every pupil.
- Motivation to continually improve standards and achieve excellence.
- Excellent classroom teacher, or potential to be one, with the ability to reflect on lessons and continually improve their own practice.
- Effective and systematic behaviour management, with clear boundaries, sanctions, praise and rewards.
- Thinks strategically about classroom practice and tailoring lessons to pupils’ needs.
- Understands and interprets complex pupil data to drive lesson planning and pupil attainment.
- Good inter-personal, communication, planning and organisational skills.
What the school offers its staff
- Continued professional development and opportunities across the Trust.
- Health Shield membership (employee assistant programme supporting with wellbeing and offers many attractive discounts).
- Pension scheme
- A subsidised canteen for lunches
- Cycle Scheme
- Free onsite parking
Further details about the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and ideas driven Drama Teacher to work at Heron Hall Academy. Applications are welcome from an experienced Drama Teacher looking to take on additional responsibilities.
If you are passonate about providing high quality teaching and learning and have a natural flair for delivering creative and vibrant lessons that enthuses and motivates all students to want to learn and achieve, we will love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively within our team delivering the existing fully resourced curriculum within the academy.You will need have excellent communication skills and work collaboratively with the Head Teacher, SLT team and your direct team.
One of the North Star Community Trust Academies, Heron Hall Academy is an eight-form entry mixed secondary academy and we will be enrolling our first group of students in our new sixth form in September 2023. Led by Mr Barzey (The Times UK Headteacher of the Year for 2022-23), we are situated in a diverse and deprived area of Enfield and therefore, applicants that have a community language or knowledge of working within a busy inner London environment will be welcome.
You will be given support, time and space to grow as a teacher and leader and improve the English provision across the Academy.
Our goal is to provide outstanding education and life changing opportunities for all our children. We want to be recognised for academic excellence and having a reputation for giving pupils the critical skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in education, employment and life.
Please ensure to complete the personal statement section using the full person specification of the attached job pack.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Heron Hall Academy
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1048 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Heron Hall Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Heron Hall is one of the North Star Community Trust Academies. An eight-form entry mixed secondary academy, we will be enrolling our first group of students in our new sixth form in September 2023and we are led by Mr Barzey (The Times UK Headteacher of the Year for 2022-23). Heron Hall Academy is welcoming, friendly and inclusive. We share a clear vision for improving our children’s life chances through providing equality of opportunity, an engaging and purposeful curriculum and high-quality teaching and learning. Our goal is to provide outstanding education and life changing opportunities for all our children. We want to be recognised for supporting the well-being and academic excellence necessary to be a success in education, employment and life. The academy is committed to your professional development. You will have ongoing support from the senior leadership team and will attend appropriate training and development opportunities. You will be given support, time and space to grow as a teacher and improve the provision across the school. You will have the support of a dedicated senior leadership team to ensure you are able to focus on delivering outstanding teaching and learning. We are dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Arranging a visit to Heron Hall Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Harris Academy St John's Wood
Marlborough Hill, London, NW8 0NL
Acland Burghley School
Burghley Road, London, NW5 1UJ
Carshalton Boys Sports College
Winchcombe Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 1RW
Teacher of Drama (Maternity Leave)
The Quest Academy
Farnborough Avenue, South Croydon, Surrey, CR2 8HD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Enfield